Thread: The Three Sisters (HDR)

Real Name
    Edwin

The Three Sisters (HDR)

I've just come back from a 2,500 km drive from Queensland to The Blue Mountains in New South Wales. I took this hand held HDR image of The Three Sisters from Echo Point.

20100505_4259_60_61_adjust.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 9th May 2010 at 11:17 PM. Reason: add attached image inline

Real Name
    John

Re: The Three Sisters.

Very subtle HDR, I like it. Diid you shoot this in RAW or bracketed exposure? I noticed the shadow from the clouds and if they are moving you can have problems aligning the images.

Real Name
    Edwin

Thanks for your comments mate. I shot this image using RAW & AEB. I tend to go more for the subtle approach when using Photomatix to edit my bracketed shots. I hate that cartoony effect that some other photographers seem to favour. To each his own I suppose.
    Cheers.......Edwin.

Good mountain shot, and nice colours, but it seems to need a little sharpening. I sharpened it a little. Also, you posted the image at 640px on the long side. You can go up to 700 on here, and that might give you a better detailed shot. If you use 'save for web' in Photoshop to prepare your images try 'bicubic sharper' for sharpening in the dialog box. You could also try using USM to sharpen after you have resized it.

The Three Sisters (HDR)