Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Trojan Backdoor

Real Name
    Steve

Trojan Backdoor

Yesterday I found a Trojan or rather my security did; first discovered in a trial version of Topaz Vivacity which might just mean the trial had just expired but maybe not. Not sure how it managed to get in though but if you are downloading software it might be a good idea to run it through an anti virus first.

Come to think of it I did.

http://www.securelist.com/en/descrip...2.Bifrose.covk

Real Name
    Steaphany

Re: Trojan Backdoor

Could this have been intentionally planted in the Topaz software by their developers ?

Do you know that security threat this imposes ?

Real Name
    Steve

Re: Trojan Backdoor

It wasn't detected when I downloaded the trials about a month ago; I went for DeNoise and Detail and dropped Vivacity. I haven't got a clue what kind of risk was involved since it was detected in a routine weekly scan and deleted in 8 files disinfected from 5 system files.

I haven't actually used vivacity since I updated PSE and the Trojan was detected in the setup files, previously undetected and so I thought it could be a false alert caused by an out of date license key.

But I don't know because I uninstalled adobe air when it tried to get access to password files. I've studied C++, Java, Fortran and the rest but I haven't a clue how a virus works so I don't know how it could get into something that is never used. cheers Steaphany