Thread: Casual Kid

Casual Kid

Casual Kid

Casual Kid
    Casual Kid
    Casual Kid
    Casual Kid

Comments please .
    Taken at Night with bounced flash. ISO: 500 , EV: +0.3,Spot Metering.
    Post processing : 60+ Sharpening, Cropping and curves done with GIMP.

Re: Casual Kid

casual kid and causal looking snaps too but the mrajith has caught some nice expressions of the kid! kid seems naturally comfortable and confident of cameras the backgrounds are destroying the peace around the kid they are just too distracting had they been shot in a studio,in clean white backdrops,the kid would have grabbed all the attention he deserves lots of post processing has been done mrajith says that means only one thing too many mistakes behind the camera work

Real Name
    David

Hi Ajith What a lovely little guy! Your use of bounce flash seems pretty good with no flash shadow that I can see. I agree with Taken that the backgrounds are distracting, but the difficulty is that you have to work with what you've got. One possibility to reduce the intrusion of the background is to carefully select the child's image, invert the selection and blur the background using a Gaussian filter. I'm not so worried as Taken by the amount of post-processing. Even with technically well-taken shots you can still spend a lot of time tweaking an image.

Cheers

David

Quote Originally Posted by taken View Post
    casual kid and causal looking snaps too but the mrajith has caught some nice expressions of the kid! kid seems naturally comfortable and confident of cameras the backgrounds are destroying the peace around the kid they are just too distracting had they been shot in a studio,in clean white backdrops,the kid would have grabbed all the attention he deserves lots of post processing has been done mrajith says that means only one thing too many mistakes behind the camera work

Thanks for your comments..
    But if you notice these are photos straight from the camera with NO post processing ..so you can guess the amount of post processing I have done ..

Casual Kid

Casual Kid

These wasn't a planned shoot ...I just visited my friend for a dinner and thought of taking a couple of shots seeing him play smiling...the moment triggered me in short

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Hi Ajith What a lovely little guy! Your use of bounce flash seems pretty good with no flash shadow that I can see. I agree with Taken that the backgrounds are distracting, but the difficulty is that you have to work with what you've got. One possibility to reduce the intrusion of the background is to carefully select the child's image, invert the selection and blur the background using a Gaussian filter. I'm not so worried as Taken by the amount of post-processing. Even with technically well-taken shots you can still spend a lot of time tweaking an image.

Cheers

David
    Thanks David for noticing the details .
    These were just casual shots, I was just working with what I had like you said
    Apart from the basic post processing I have never done anything in depth..Thanks for your advice on that, I will give it a try.

~Ajith

cute kid ...

blur the background more to avoid distraction or even better try and remove it with PS