Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: New to your comminity

Real Name
    WanKie Be

New to your comminity

Hi!

I’m living in Holland, am Dutch citizen and am proud to be of Chinese-indonesian ancestry.

My photographer initiation @ 8 yr was a photo contest. Allowed to borrow my fathers camera, an Agfa Isolette II, I won the #1 grand prize, a Kodak instamatic type 104. (Winning was not the result of having shot THE masterpiece, but rather me being the only contestant)

A lab tech at fathers university taught me the traits of the business developing printing etc.. Those were the times chemicals were still flushed through the toilet…! Many years later I did a formal education on the “school of photography” (Fotovakschool) that has turned out several successful Dutch photographers.

As It happened, I have worked some years as a part time photographer, augmenting my base salary. In time, primary jobs, getting married an having kids let me reset priorities and forced photography to the background, until the digital era emerged.

Many of my old Nikon lenses I still use today; 16mm, 20mm and the famous 105mm still have their use. Of course F2’s and F3’s have been replaced by its current FF counterparts, the old darkroom by Photoshop and various plug-ins…. The origin has remained; seeing the composition, pre see-ing THE moment, the inevitable darkroom work and the ultimate satisfaction of THE picture..!

My preferences are nature an people; Both my wife and me visit places in Holland where game may wander freely; “the hooge veluwe”is one of our favourites. We have spent the last five years roaming the forests, were tought to read wildlife tracks by foresters and have spotted the Dutch “big five” in multiple occasions.
    New to your comminity

We both also enjoy the photography of fantasy role playing- LARP. (we do not play, but the camera work is rewarding! See: www.kidslarp.nl)
    New to your comminity

To us photography is a great deal of planning, and of course, some luck! If you’re not in the right spot @ the right time, we’ll not find any game…. So before the camera does “click”, I usually have the picture made in my head!

Hope to hear from you all!
    regards,
    WanKie
    Last edited by WanKie; 1st February 2015 at 11:34 AM.

Real Name
    mark

Re: New to your comminity

Hi WanKie, Welcome to the board.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Re: New to your comminity

Welcome Wankie and do not forget to make friends around here by also adding your comments to other members' post. Enjoy your stay.