Thread: Not the shot I was trying for... but it's the best one I got. Big Big Sigh

Real Name
    Brian

Not the shot I was trying for... but it's the best one I got. Big Big Sigh

Here you see my main studio light, a typical T-shirt background and my secondary studio. The shot wasn't working in my main studio so I brought it into my office and cleared away some 'stuff'.
    Not the shot I was trying for... but it's the best one I got. Big Big Sigh

Real Name
    John

Re: Not the shot I was trying for... but it's the best one I got. Big Big Sigh

Nice setup.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Nice setup.
    well if nothing else it is teaching me to use maximum imagination and minimum props.

Real Name
    Dan

Cost effective design.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Quote Originally Posted by JBW View Post
    maximum imagination
    For other looks, set up your scene in an area that allows you to light it from above and behind as opposed to from the side and front. Using furniture that is against the wall is very limiting because it prevents you from position the light behind the subject.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernFocus View Post
    Cost effective design.
    that it is and with the Canadian dollar in the dumps (I am a retired ex-pat) it will stay cost effective for a while.

Real Name
    Nandakumar

I always like a shady interior image like this; the images add to the drama

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    For other looks, set up your scene in an area that allows you to light it from above and behind as opposed to from the side and front. Using furniture that is against the wall is very limiting because it prevents you from position the light behind the subject.
    That I shall. I have the use of the office my wife used for writing her dissertation but the shot wasn't working there so I moved it in here. Sadly it didn't work here either. But tomorrow is another day.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Wavelength View Post
    I always like a shady interior image like this; the images add to the drama
    One day I shall try for some interior shots of our bamboo structures. The colours and the shadows can be impressive.

Real Name
    mark

Quote Originally Posted by JBW View Post
    well if nothing else it is teaching me to use maximum imagination and minimum props.
    That is a good thing.