Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man at Work : Street Shot. C&C Welcome

Real Name
    Raj

Man at Work : Street Shot. C&C Welcome

Hi, going forward on my photography venture I stopped and clicked another shot. Can you please review it and let me know what exactly is missing for it to make it much better?

Now a days m getting my hands on with Street Photograhy. I just wanna try a weird thing about gears in street photography lol. used Tamron 90mm Macro on Full Frame camera.

Please provide your views and suggestion with composition, frame, crops and processing.

Thank You

PS : Please click on the image for lightbox screen view (Highly recommended)

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Re: Man at Work : Street Shot. C&C Welcome

Is he a rubbish collector, Raj? I like the way you frame him here. Maybe you can get rid of that long vine or two near his head?

Real Name
    Greg

Your image of this man raises questions in my mind too, Raj. And that is a compliment.

There is a horizontal black line across the top of the frame - I would crop that out.

Nice processing too, Raj.

Real Name
    John

Nicely done.

Real Name
    Raj

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    Is he a rubbish collector, Raj? I like the way you frame him here. Maybe you can get rid of that long vine or two near his head?
    Thanks a lot for your kind suggestion. Yes, he is a rubbish collector. I will surely get rid of those wires as soon as i will reach home

Real Name
    Raj

Quote Originally Posted by FootLoose View Post
    Your image of this man raises questions in my mind too, Raj. And that is a compliment.

There is a horizontal black line across the top of the frame - I would crop that out.

Nice processing too, Raj.
    Thanks a lot for your valuable review and suggestion. Yes, he is a rubbish collector, I will surely crop the top part which you are referring to

Real Name
    Raj

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Nicely done.
    Thanks for your kind review and appreciation

Real Name
    Barbara

Raj, nice shot. I am no expert but personally I think the hall is too long. I would crop on the sides and floor not enough to lose the beautiful gradation of color but perhaps 1/2 on each side and an inch of the floor.

Raj, great shot, for me I like it just the way it is. I think the length of the alley leads the eye right to the gentleman. My only thought would be, can you raise a bit more detail on the man's face, the better to see his expression? Hard to tell if he's looking at you, looking down.... No matter, still a very interesting image.

Is the top a little bit too dark and 'heavy'? Possibly keep a square crop which would retain sufficient detail from the sides without losing anything from the foreground which makes a good lead into the scene. Alternatively, I suppose you could try taking a little from the top and bottom which would give a 5 x 4 ratio?

Real Name
    raymond

Love the frame provided by the tunnel, Maybe as suggested custom crop a little off the dark upper part at the end of the tunnel. Also might give a sharper view of details on your main subject. Well done.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

With all these suggestions, Raj will now be confused. Just grin and bear with us...

(OFF TOPIC) May I make just a tiny bit of suggestion? Please do not get angry at me, but all your posts starts with :

Hi, going forward on my photography venture I stopped and clicked another shot.
    This sentence of yours is getting long in the tooth now...sorry. I like the rest of your narrative. The first sentence just feels like you are uncertain. For a published photographer like you are, this is no longer needed. Don't you think? You should have all the confidence in the world now. YOU ARE!!!! a good photographer. Everyone knows that...and you know that too.

Real Name
    Allan Short

I like how it is framed, however the story is at the end of the tunnel, getting up closer in my mind would have produced a stronger image (story).

Cheers: Allan

Real Name
    Richard

I agree with Allan... How about this crop?

Real Name
    Raj

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Ponder View Post
    Raj, nice shot. I am no expert but personally I think the hall is too long. I would crop on the sides and floor not enough to lose the beautiful gradation of color but perhaps 1/2 on each side and an inch of the floor.
    Thanks a lot for your kind review and suggestion

Real Name
    Raj

Quote Originally Posted by flashback View Post
    Raj, great shot, for me I like it just the way it is. I think the length of the alley leads the eye right to the gentleman. My only thought would be, can you raise a bit more detail on the man's face, the better to see his expression? Hard to tell if he's looking at you, looking down.... No matter, still a very interesting image.
    Thanks a lot for your valuable review and suggestion. I will surely work on the man's face.

Real Name
    Raj

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    Is the top a little bit too dark and 'heavy'? Possibly keep a square crop which would retain sufficient detail from the sides without losing anything from the foreground which makes a good lead into the scene. Alternatively, I suppose you could try taking a little from the top and bottom which would give a 5 x 4 ratio?
    Thanks a lot for your kind review and suggestion. Initially i have opted for a square crop but i was loosing more details from the sides too. Will surely try 5 X 4 and i think it will work perfectly and can remove darker top part without compromising on the sides.

Real Name
    Raj

Quote Originally Posted by selig1656 View Post
    Love the frame provided by the tunnel, Maybe as suggested custom crop a little off the dark upper part at the end of the tunnel. Also might give a sharper view of details on your main subject. Well done.
    thanks a lot for your kind review and suggestion. I will surely work on it

Real Name
    Allan Short

I do not usually go in for cropping images, however this one I think can be made stronger by doing so. Now Richard removed some off the sides, I removed a lot more and some from the top, I want to give the look of distance with a long lead towards the subject, the walls did not really have anything of interest and the top was a little to busy. I think maybe another stop and a third of exposure would have helped as more detail could have been captured in the shadows. Then the exposure slider could have be used to darken the image along with the shadow slider used to open up some of that now darken detail.

Cheers: Allan

Real Name
    Raj

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    With all these suggestions, Raj will now be confused. Just grin and bear with us...

(OFF TOPIC) May I make just a tiny bit of suggestion? Please do not get angry at me, but all your posts starts with :

This sentence of yours is getting long in the tooth now...sorry. I like the rest of your narrative. The first sentence just feels like you are uncertain. For a published photographer like you are, this is no longer needed. Don't you think? You should have all the confidence in the world now. YOU ARE!!!! a good photographer. Everyone knows that...and you know that too.
    haha i can understand and i deliberately write it. But i want to be down to the earth and I'm really not satisfied with the shots i take. I really want much better shots. I wanna learn more and more... Yes I have confidence that i will shoot a scene but the satisfaction is not there. Once i will start getting satisfied... I will surely stop using this line. :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast