Thread: Lightroom 6 info

Real Name
    Russell

Lightroom 6 info

Real Name
    John

Re: Lightroom 6 info

Surprised they didn't list the new features of the editing software, no real incentive to upgrade based on provided info.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Surprised they didn't list the new features of the editing software, no real incentive to upgrade based on provided info.
    I'm sure it's not meant to persuade anyone to upgrade. Before Lightroom 6 is launched, it's likely there will be a "Lightroom 6 beta" that will appear (on past performance) anything from 2 to 9 months before the full launch. In other words: we're many months away from an LR6 launch.

However, there has been some grumbling in the past that a new version of Lightroom won't run on some systems on which the previous version would run. I guess Adobe are just getting in first so people with older systems don't get their hopes raised only to have them dashed with the launch.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Garrett View Post
    I'm sure it's not meant to persuade anyone to upgrade. Before Lightroom 6 is launched, it's likely there will be a "Lightroom 6 beta" that will appear (on past performance) anything from 2 to 9 months before the full launch. In other words: we're many months away from an LR6 launch.

However, there has been some grumbling in the past that a new version of Lightroom won't run on some systems on which the previous version would run. I guess Adobe are just getting in first so people with older systems don't get their hopes raised only to have them dashed with the launch.
    Hopefully the Launch of Win10 won't affect any users, I went through a period of use with Win7 where some games weren't compatible; but are now functioning on Win 8.1.

Real Name
    Robin

Assuming you have the CC package who cares what it offers - you'll get it automatically and can use it with or without the new stuff regardless.

Real Name
    mark

Hopefully the Launch of Win10 won't affect any users, I went through a period of use with Win7 where some games weren't compatible; but are now functioning on Win 8.1.
    My wife had the same thing happen with her games. She plays the Hidden object games. Maybe that's why I can never find anything around here

Perhaps there might be a few hints here (warning - very long thread):

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/fo...?topic=80824.0

I suspect the added features in LR6 will be quite surprising.

Glenn

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn NK View Post
    Perhaps there might be a few hints here (warning - very long thread):

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/fo...?topic=80824.0

I suspect the added features in LR6 will be quite surprising.

Glenn
    Glenn,

Thanks for the link, mostly gripes from current users, none that affected my current use. A lot of unhappy frequent LR users on that forum, surprised they are holding out hope with so many negative (although pertinent to each users personal preferences) comments.