Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help Required On Use Of Fast Standard Zoom Lens

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Re: Help Required On Use Of Fast Standard Zoom Lens

Here was where your proverbial penny will drop...as it did to me...

First choose your metering. If you want everything to be in sharper view, use matrix; if you want to be selective in your focus, use spot metering. Then comes the weather condition...google Sunny 16 Rule and you will find the ideal setting for your camera by way of F numbers and ISO. Then all you have to choose is your shutter speed. Then read this article...it has something to do with choosing your ISO then all you have to worry are your shutter speed and F number combination.

http://www.digital-photo-secrets.com...pose-an-image/

You will be running home with a winner each time -- watch your highlights. If something blinks in your shot, adjust either your shutter speed or your F number to keep your EV at 0. It is a very good article.
    Last edited by IzzieK; 29th January 2015 at 10:43 AM.

Real Name
    Erainn

IzzieK, Thank you for so kindly sharing that link and encouraging my efforts, Much appreciated

Real Name
    Erainn

I am really thankful for everyone's encouragement and support in advising me on issues of exposure and getting to know my new lens, I am going though the various suggestions and links you folks offered and hopefully my photos will benefit

Meanwhile, here's a snap I took using my lens, I set the camera to A-Dep turned off the OS and AF and took this, the lens opting, under the night sky, for f2.8 13".

Interesting brownish tint.

Help Required On Use Of Fast Standard Zoom Lens
    Last edited by erainn; 3rd February 2015 at 11:49 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12