Thread: Help needed

Real Name
    wm c boyer

Help needed

Am still trying to cough out a viable space image and I'm stuck on the galaxy aspect.
    The orb was my initial subject and with varying amounts of blur/noise/twirl/puppet warp
    in various stages, I came up with this version. Workable or is it a POS?

Help needed

Real Name
    John

Re: Help needed

It's workable. Nice start.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Definitely workable though not as inspiring as you can be. To make the image a unified whole rather than two distinct parts, consider moving the orb into the center of the galaxy, perhaps to imply motion, perhaps to imply only the center of the galaxy, perhaps to imply both.

Real Name
    Mark

What Mike said/suggested, or something else to cope with the sense one gets that this is two different images in the same frame. Part of the issue is that the spiral is so soft and muted and the sphere is so opposite, so bright and sharp. Perhaps some convergence on those aspects could be part of a solution too?

Real Name
    wm c boyer

I wasn't clear...the orb is displayed only to show on what the galaxy is based.
    The galaxy example, at present, is all I'm concerned with.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

The galaxy thingie doesn't work for me on its own because it's so symmetrical, organized and lacking interesting color.

Real Name
    Haseeb Modi

Placing the Orb in the galaxy will not work well and shown separately is a good idea Chauncey simply because the 'orb' will just be a pinpoint in the context of the galaxy. I agree with Mike the Galaxy is a bit symmetrical though there are spiral galaxies like the Triangulum for example and even our very own Milky Way. I have a few images of the galaxy but not on the scale you want but you can search M33 or such and take it from thereon.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Quote Originally Posted by HaseebM View Post
    Placing the Orb in the galaxy will not work well and shown separately is a good idea Chauncey simply because the 'orb' will just be a pinpoint in the context of the galaxy. I agree with Mike the Galaxy is a bit symmetrical though there are spiral galaxies like the Triangulum for example and even our very own Milky Way. I have a few images of the galaxy but not on the scale you want but you can search M33 or such and take it from thereon.
    Wow! I just googled your exact words here..."spiral galaxies like the Triangulum"...and I came up with so many...these are my favourite to photograph when I get good at it...where I live? fat chance! (can't I dream????)