Thread: Any Panasonic LX7 users?

Real Name
    Angilee

Any Panasonic LX7 users?

Hi Everyone,

I have recently bought a Lumix LX7 camera. Was going to buy the new LX100, but decided I did not need the 4k video option.
    I am just learning photography..and have had some great advice on this forum! Was wondering if anyone here has this camera and their experience with it. would be nice to see some photo's taken with it too

Angilee

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Any Panasonic LX7 users?

Hi Angilee - Welcome to CiC. Could I ask you to click the "My Profile" button on the top of this page. This will take the Profile page. If you click the "About Me" tab, could you complete at least your name and where you are from, by clicking the pencil icon beside these fields. We tend to go about on a first name basis here at CiC.

With respect the people shooting with the Lumix LX7, there may or may not be any members here that use one. The majority of the users tend to some kind of camera with interchangable lenses; usually DSLR or mirrorless types. There are a few users that have cross-over cameras (a.k.a. SuperZoom) and compact cameras.

Unless you are getting into some fairly specialized techniques, you probably won't be able to tell the difference between images from different cameras, so having someone post LX7 images is not going to give you much. One of the cameras I have shot a lot with recently is the Lumix GX7; so that falls into the interchangable lens, mirrorless category.

Real Name
    Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by angilee View Post
    I have recently bought a Lumix LX7 camera. Was going to buy the new LX100, but decided I did not need the 4k video option. ...
    I wouldn't have cared about the 4K video option, either. But the sensor size difference (1/1.7" format vs. 4/3" format) would have sold me on the LX100 if I didn't already have an interchangeable lens GX7, if the cameras were the same price (given, however, that the LX100 is more than twice as expensive as an LX7, it's not really comparing apples to apples).

... would be nice to see some photos taken with it too...
    If no one here obliges, you could always go to the Flickr cameras page. From there, you can find images on Flickr that were taken with a specific camera brand, and from each brand's page, you can find the specific model. The LX100's page is here: https://www.flickr.com/cameras/panasonic/dmc-lx7/. That will show the most "Interesting" photos in Flickr. At the bottom of the page is a search box which will let you look for images taken with an LX100 with tags that match your search pattern.

The LX7 looks to be a very capable camera, with the full PSAM modes, RAW capability, and a flash hotshoe. Those are typically the features I look for in any digital camera.

Real Name
    Russell

Hi, Have a LX5 but do not use it much as also have Canon DSLR's but what I did find useful was the adapter that you can fit on the lens that then allows you to use 52mm filters if you wish, I just had a 52mm UV filter on as once you fit the tube the lens cap can not be fitted although you can buy the tube with a lens cap (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/52mm-Adapt...item4ad172806f) also used a 52mm polarizing filter but my biggest bug with these cameras is they have NO viewfinder and in bright sunshine the screen I found hard to see. There are some tutorials on the Lumix range on you YouTube
    Not all on the LX7 but I believe not a big change with the LX5 to the LX7.
    Russ

Real Name
    Ted

Quote Originally Posted by angilee View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I have recently bought a Lumix LX7 camera. Was going to buy the new LX100, but decided I did not need the 4k video option.
    I am just learning photography..and have had some great advice on this forum! Was wondering if anyone here has this camera and their experience with it. would be nice to see some photo's taken with it too

Angilee
    Welcome, Angilee,

Haven't received it yet but I have just bought a new LX7 for my wife, so that I could re-possess "my" Lumix GH1.

What swayed me was the f/1.4-2.3 lens (and the LX100 price). The sensor size (7.44x5.58mm) is nothing to write home about - but it's OK for Government Work

Real Name
    Angilee

Hi Manfred,

Thank you for your helpful post. I have completed the requested details in my profile.

I have had a look at some of your work...amazing images!

Angilee

Real Name
    Ted Friethoff

Hi Angilee, I'm the very satisfied owner of an LX7. I have worked with DSLRs for a long time, recently a NikonD7000, but due to trouble with my eysight which makes it near impossible to look through a viewfinder, I stepped over to this compact camera and I certainly don't think it's a downgrade from the Nikon. It has great capacities and makes excellent pics. For review go to

Real Name
    Ted Friethoff

Angilee, If you'd like to know all bout the LX7, I can advice you to purchase Photographer's Guide To the Panasonic Lumix LX7 by Alexander S.White. It's a great book in which yo'll lots of things you won't find in the manual. It's available from Amazon among others. Good luck.

Real Name
    Ted Friethoff

[QUOTE=Lx7user;479640]Hi Angilee, I'm the very satisfied owner of an LX7. I have worked with DSLRs for a long time, recently a NikonD7000, but due to trouble with my eysight which makes it near impossible to look through a viewfinder, I stepped over to this compact camera and I certainly don't think it's a downgrade from the Nikon. It has great capacities and makes excellent pics. For review go to http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/pana...lumix-dmc-lx7/

It looks like the link is missing from the earlier post.

Real Name
    Ted Friethoff

Look here for pics with the LX7 https://www.flickr.com/cameras/panasonic/dmc-lx7/

Real Name
    Angilee

Hi Ted,

Thank you very much for all the information you have supplied. I already bought the book you have suggested and I am slowly working my way through it, as I am with the camera controls..there is a lot to digest! The weather here in England has not been to great recently, and with work commitments, have not had much of a chance to use it yet.

Do you have any of your own images you could post?

Angilee

Real Name
    Ted Friethoff

Any Panasonic LX7 users?

Real Name
    Ted Friethoff

Any Panasonic LX7 users?

Real Name
    Ted Friethoff