Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: The Dutch Dunes

The Dutch Dunes

Hello everybody. I've been folowing this forum for some time now an want to make my first contribution by entering this photograph of a sunset over the see and dunes in the Netherlands and one of the lad just behind the dunes (Yes...i'm Dutch so pardon my poor Enlish) I would love to hear what you think of this picture.

The Dutch Dunes

The Dutch Dunes

The Dutch Dunes

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: The Dutch Dunes

Hi,

Compositionally, not bad at all.
    I feel #1 might have benefitted from a little more foreground, the 'V' formed by the grass looks incomplete to my eyes.

Exposure (and PP) satisfies me on all three, well done.

I thought I detected a hint of unlevelness; but actually, it is more a matter of (lens) barrel distortion.

Looks like you've done a very good job here for a first posting, please accept a belated welcome to the forums, Dave

I liked the first one because of the lighting , have you done any post processing or is it natural?

i see these pic and can easily say that mrbruin is a talented photographer! i can also say that he has the EYE to visualize a pic but his pics can also be easily divided into two pics or more his composition of the landscapes need some fine tuning! the 1 pic has two pics inside his frame the 2 pic can be easily divided into three the 3 pic again into two wonderful pics the important thing here is mrbruin is a talented photographer

Tanks for the replies.

@ajith.rajeswari,
    There was some post prossesing but alsow a lot op pre prosessnig (grad ND-filters, pola filter)

@ Taken,
    I must disappoint you but you're not fully right. About the first picture you are right. This was composed by two pictures with diverent exposure. Pics 2 and 3 are however nog composed and realy taken as one picture with grad-ND filters and pola filter.