Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Yet an other new member

Real Name
    Alex

Yet an other new member

Hi everyone!

I feel I'm probably not the first and definitely won't be the last to join this site after being giving a camera for xmas! Like many of the forums i joined over the years on different subjects i like to introduce myself first. Im 30 years old from Montreal Canada, I plan on doing this for fun but who knows right?? lol In the beautiful world of photography Im a complete newbie so for the past week I've been reading/watching tutorials and filled my head with as much as i can on all the basics of camera handling.

I was given a Nikon D3200 with a DX VR AF-S Nikkor 18-55mm

So here is my first Pic, well the first i feel is post worthy:Yet an other new member
    It was taken on Aperture Priority at f/4.8, Shutter speed 2.5s ISO 100

I have not edited this pic except lowered the quality for easy upload. Please leave comments on it.

Thanks!
    Alex
    Last edited by Mtlalex; 3rd January 2015 at 05:18 AM.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Yet an other new member

Hi Alex - Welcome to CiC; it's nice to see someone from my "neighbourhood" join the site.

Would you mind clicking the "My Profile" button on the top of this page, and complete your site profile. That way your name and where you are from will be visible to all the members. We tend to be a fairly informal group and go on a first name basis around here.

The other thing you should do is to repost this image in the "Nature & Archictecture" forum. That is where people post their images for comments and critiques.

Manfred

Real Name
    Alex

Done! Thanks for the heads up!!

Alex

Real Name
    Kay

Welcome Alex, I am sure you will make some online friends & learn a lot about photography here as well!
    I think I get the message of this image, showing the modern timepiece stationery in front, yet the old fashioned clock with its spiny bit at the bottom at the back.
    The clock is often given as a 50th wedding present down my way of the world.
    My suggestions would be to not crip so tight on both items, leave a bit of space, top and bottom, I think the way it is, I find the subject is not clear, yet I feel both items are part of the subject.
    Another idea would be position them quite close together, both in focus, but using a longer exposure time, so we can see the spinning bits of the clock.
    Well done & great start, we look forward to seeing more!