Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Transforming Blah into B&W

Transforming Blah into B&W

Recently I've been doing a lot of back and forth between color and B&W versions of my images. Along the way I've revisited some images I had left behind because they didn't seem to come together in color. One lesson I've taken away from this exploration is that rather than trying to make photos work in color, namely through pumping of saturation and contrast, I should take a hard look at whether a B&W treatment is more adequate. Here are two images that resulted from this realization.

Biarritz harbor

Basque farmhouse

You can read more about how I arrived at these images, and access higher resolution versions at:
    http://esfotoclix.com/blog1/?p=1070

Re: Transforming Blah into B&W

Enjoyed this and the remote comments.....I did copy the originals and did my own conversions......I did like the B&W of the wall best and a color (300 Type) of the house.....I also found some benefit in using Topaz Adjust to add detail especially for the house.....

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

eNo

Not so sure about the lines in #1 - whether it comes together as a composition. #2 is another matter. This is my sort of image. Very, very nice. Only query would relate to that pole going out of frame a centre top. Made for B & W!

Real Name
    John

Very nice images.