Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Jetty

  1. #1
    Steve H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Te Anau, New Zealand
    Posts
    185

    Jetty

    Bit of rain here at the moment...

    Jetty

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chandigarh, India
    Posts
    1,541
    Real Name
    Sahil Jain

    Re: Jetty

    Hi, Steve. Nice moody shot. IMO the water surface will look better if made fuzzy. What say?

  3. #3
    Steve H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Te Anau, New Zealand
    Posts
    185

    Re: Jetty

    Quote Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
    Hi, Steve. Nice moody shot. IMO the water surface will look better if made fuzzy. What say?
    Hi Sahil, mmmm nah I like the detail in the raindrops, but thanks for the idea anyway.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chandigarh, India
    Posts
    1,541
    Real Name
    Sahil Jain

    Re: Jetty

    Cool

  5. #5
    bleys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    151

    Re: Jetty

    Awesome shot!

  6. #6

    Re: Jetty

    It's very good. I love the atmosphere created by it, but it looks much better IMO in BW. I did edit (just to show you) if that's OK. I find the colour of the submerged board-walk intrusive. There isn't much colour in the shot anyway. Very nice. I also pumped the exposure - especially in the water.

    Jetty

  7. #7
    arith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Burton on Trent, UK
    Posts
    4,789
    Real Name
    Steve

    Re: Jetty

    Oh got it; it is a pier underwater. Took me ages to work that out but I think your original is the best. I can't think of a way to do it so that those landlocked people like me understand what is going on.

    Maybe a bit of the foreground above water might help.

  8. #8
    Steve H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Te Anau, New Zealand
    Posts
    185

    Re: Jetty

    Quote Originally Posted by carregwen View Post
    It's very good. I love the atmosphere created by it, but it looks much better IMO in BW. I did edit (just to show you) if that's OK. I find the colour of the submerged board-walk intrusive. There isn't much colour in the shot anyway. Very nice. I also pumped the exposure - especially in the water.
    Thanks Rob. I intend to reprocess this one a fair bit in the near future and I'll definitely try B&W however I do like the 'colour' of the underwater jetty as it implies something is there. I might remove the vignette and boost the exposure in the middle water too. Thanks for the ideas.

  9. #9
    Steve H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Te Anau, New Zealand
    Posts
    185

    Re: Jetty

    Quote Originally Posted by arith View Post
    Oh got it; it is a pier underwater. Took me ages to work that out but I think your original is the best. I can't think of a way to do it so that those landlocked people like me understand what is going on.

    Maybe a bit of the foreground above water might help.
    HAha, yeah sorry Steve I look at these things everyday so I know what it is but forget that others may not - it is a bit abstract. I'm finding myself being more and more abstracty of late.
    Here is what it normally looks like:

    Jetty

    Jetty

    and another 'high tide' from a couple of years ago (it's completely under water now by the way, for the locals here who know the lake):

    Jetty

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •