Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Lr4

Real Name
    colin

Lr4

Hi guys,
    I recently installed lr4 and I must say I think it is brilliant. I am okay with importing and the develop mode but have hit a road block. I have an image developed to where I am happy, here is the problem. I cannot for the life of me find (a) how to convert it to jpg (b) to resize to email or more importantly to upload Cambridge in Colour
    I know you wise people will help.
    Cheers Colin

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

Re: Lr4

Go to export module and in there you will be able to resize, convert to sRGB, save it as a jpeg, etc.

I have a folder called CinC that I export anything to that is going to be uploaded to here.
    Last edited by pnodrog; 21st December 2014 at 02:33 AM.

Real Name
    John

Or right click the image and explore the many options, which include exporting, resizing for web, etc. as explained by L. Paul.

Real Name
    Nick

Hi,
    Others have probably given what you need to know, but I usually go to "File" in the top left corner, then down to export, then it will give you the Export panel, which gives you options as to what file type to save in, and what dimensions to set it to, as well as other things. I installed LR 4 also, though recently, it is just about as good as LR 5 IMO and much cheaper.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

In addition to what everyone else has mentioned, once you settle upon a combination of export settings that work for you, you can save them in a profile. Once you have done that, you no longer have to configure the individual settings. You can simply export using that profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicks Pics View Post
    I installed LR 4 also, though recently, it is just about as good as LR 5 IMO and much cheaper.
    If you tend to do occasional cloning, be aware that the cloning tool in LR5 is far superior to the tool in LR4. I use LR almost exclusively for that purpose, so I don't know about other comparisons.

Real Name
    colin

Thanks to LPaul,John, Nick,and Mike you have been very helpful.
    Colin.