A nice autumn day with dad
    Are these pictures for a series of photos to be?
    I'm sure some of them are not good editing
    Please tell me what is good and what shots should be removal?
    Photo Alley related to the father of the previous reference picture
    always welcom c&c
    Last edited by vaez; 17th December 2014 at 08:46 PM.

Real Name
    John

Re: A nice autumn day with dad

Nice portrait, series, and sentiment.

Real Name
    Richard

Wonderfully heartwarming series...

Real Name
    David

Very nice series Vaez

Real Name
    Pania

All are good Vaez. I like best the one showing your father on his bike.

Real Name
    Neville Dukes

Lovely series of images, Vaez. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Real Name
    Janis

I too like the one on the bike best. Your dad has a great face, Vaez. I would encourage you to keep shooting him, but watch were the light falls and try not to overexpose.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Good series, Vaez...make me think how lucky you are to have him in your life. These photos surely feels your love for him. Keep shooting...

Real Name
    vaez

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    Good series, Vaez...make me think how lucky you are to have him in your life. These photos surely feels your love for him. Keep shooting...
    hello Izzie
    thanks for comment and attention
    Yes exactly , I 'm happy with the parents kind
    I would like someone to tell me the errors of the series know that wrong

Real Name
    Jeremy Rundle

I have to say nothing great about the images BUT what a lovely set and I mean LOVELY set of family photos, he really looks like a happy Dad, and family

Real Name
    vaez

Quote Originally Posted by purplehaze View Post
    I too like the one on the bike best. Your dad has a great face, Vaez. I would encourage you to keep shooting him, but watch were the light falls and try not to overexpose.
    hello janis
    thanks for comment
    I have many photographs of my father's portrait as well.
    But I have to take a quick moment he has no patience photography

Thank you good tips about lighting

Real Name
    vaez

Quote Originally Posted by Ndukes View Post
    Lovely series of images, Vaez. Thank you for sharing them with us.
    hello neville dukes

thank you for viweing and attention and comment
    also i see your web sit and you have good pic

Real Name
    vaez

hello Richard thank you for comment and viewing

Real Name
    Geri

I think the closely cropped images capture your dad's warmth and charm the best. I especially like the close-up of him on the bicycle (#2). In that one, I'd crop out most all of the sky above his head. Excellent work!

Real Name
    Graham

A lovely series Vaes. I would put them in the order 1, 2, 8, 4, 5, 3, 7 because to me it tells a story of your father coming to the family then sitting with them before you took some portraits.
    Picture 7 is my favourite because the light and exposure are best and I like the way he is looking into the distance.
    3 and 5 are also good but slightly over exposed due to the bright light. You've caught the eye contact perfectly in 3.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by vaez View Post
    I'm sure some of them are not good editing
    Please tell me what is good and what shots should be removal?
    ~
    always welcome c&c
    and

I would like someone to tell me the errors of the series know that wrong
    Hi Vaez,

I hope I can provide a little guidance on each for you.

#1 Although it could be said that the space around your father on his bike shows how big the area is, personally, I might have cropped this a tighter, placing your father and bike on the lower left thirds intersection. In other words, crop 25-30% off the right hand side and, since that makes it very tall and thin, crop the top off, from just above the trees (on left). Good exposure and focus - and the camera looks level.

#2 If possible, I might have tried to include just a little more across the bottom edge of frame, so we could see his shoe, pedal and the axle of the front wheel. However, I suspect you can't do that now, but regardless of that, as others have said, this is a lovely portrait. Good exposure, focus and Depth of Field (DoF).

#3 Is a bit over exposed, also there's a lot of emptiness above his head and I feel I'd like to have seen a little more of his chest. The black point cold be lowered a bit further in LightRoom (LR) too (for more contrast). Excellent choice of aperture for narrow DoF.

#4 A nice scene, perhaps if panned left slightly, it would be better, but if, as I suspect, this was taken by the camera on self timer and your in the shot, that's entirely understandable. The red bag is a bit of a distraction, although it perhaps holds some value to your family(?), in which case, ignore me. A very pleasant family picnic shot which I'm sure you'll treasure in years to come, irrespective of my suggestions.

#5 I find the branches top right a bit of a distraction which I think you could lose by cropping the top 15% off the picture height. This one is also a bit over exposed, you could probably improve it in LR. Good focus on his face despite his hand and the background.

#6 It is a well framed shot, but lacks any human interest - it is a shame your father is not down by that door/gate. I don't know if this place holds any family significance(?).

#7 A very nice portrait once again, I really cannot think of anything to suggest to improve it.

#8 Apart from being slightly over exposed, this is another great picture of your father.

So all in all, you have made it difficult in several of these shots to find anything that warrants their removal, none are that bad, I just don't appreciate the relevance of #6.

I hope that feedback is helpful and, as I appreciate that English is not your first language, do PM (Private Message) me if you don't understand anything I have said and I'll help.

Fathers (and mothers) don't last forever (mine died 18 years ago), so it is good to see you making the most of your family.

Best wishes to all your family, Dave

Real Name
    Grahame

Hi Vaez,

You have had some good feedback and advice so I will not repeat what has already been said.

The image of your father on his bike is certainly one that you should treasure, you have a good composition there, good interest and I believe there is scope to improve it even more in PP.

Here's what I would do, I offer this not suggesting it is 'better' but to give you an idea of what further possibilities are available and assist you to recognise them should you wish to explore further work on this picture.

I have toned down the red bag?, removed the distracting shadow bottom right along with slight contrast and sharpness enhancement. (note, limited on a small resolution image such as these)

Grahame

Real Name
    wm c boyer

Treasure those moments for they to will be gone, but not from your heart.

Real Name
    J stands for John

As a general principle I would suggest that when you go for tighter shots with contrasty lighting that you try, to see if you like the result, using the camera's flash with it set to 1.5 or two stops below 'normal/average' and this should avoid the burning out of the brighter areas as appears to be happening on my monitor.
    I find that my camera is very clever in giving me good results this way without me having to'work things out' ... it may give you a more pleasing result.
    The result I suggest you should be aiming for is that the photo does not look like a 'flash photo' but rather a daylight shot with the flash lifting the shadow areas to be acceptable without the over exposure commented on above in the brighter sunlit areas.
    If that young man I see in one photo is co-operative you could try getting him to hold a reflector of white material, not mirror, to bounce light into a portrait set-up which will give a similar result and you can see its effect before you take the photo.

Whatever you have and are getting good shots to remember your father by and above is a mere refinement to satisfy a photographer

Real Name
    vaez

Quote Originally Posted by GBO25 View Post
    A lovely series Vaes. I would put them in the order 1, 2, 8, 4, 5, 3, 7 because to me it tells a story of your father coming to the family then sitting with them before you took some portraits.
    Picture 7 is my favourite because the light and exposure are best and I like the way he is looking into the distance.
    3 and 5 are also good but slightly over exposed due to the bright light. You've caught the eye contact perfectly in 3.
    hello dear friend thank you for attention
    (6) I wanted a relationship with the father , so we know it 's unrelated photo collection
    8 When I say goodbye to the last picture i want put pic fun
    7. I love but sad his eye
    Thank you again for Marking
    Love you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast