Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Wetland Photos

Real Name
    Chris

Wetland Photos

Just some shots I took yesterday at the wetlands here in Las Vegas. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Wetland Photos

Wetland Photos

Wetland Photos

Wetland Photos

Wetland Photos

Re: Wetland Photos

Surprising, I wouldn't associate Las Vegas with wetlands. Are they artificial water areas? I like #4 for the colours and composition. Nice sunset.

Real Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by carregwen View Post
    Surprising, I wouldn't associate Las Vegas with wetlands. Are they artificial water areas? I like #4 for the colours and composition. Nice sunset.
    I agree, it's hard to associate with Vegas. From what I've read, it seems artificial and quite expensive too...about $80 million, a project designed in stages. It was quite beautiful.

By the way, sorry I just realized I posted this in the wrong section. I meant to post this under the nature section. If anyone knows how to correct this, please let me know. thanks
    Last edited by flipmode; 27th April 2010 at 12:37 AM.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by flipmode View Post
    By the way, sorry I just realized I posted this in the wrong section. I meant to post this under the nature section. If anyone knows how to correct this, please let me know. thanks
    Moved

Real Name
    Wendy

Hi Chris: My favourites are #1 and #4. I'm wondering what you would think of #4 with the water cropped out and just have the 3 layers: black silhouette, hazy mountain range and sky. Just a thought. I like the water and the reflections, but all the brush in the foreground seems like too much.

All nice shots though, great colours

Wendy

Real Name
    Chris

Thanks Dave for moving it.

@ Wendy, you're absolutely right and I've gotten similar feedback on the foreground and reflection as well. Initially I was conflicted when cropping to either keep the sky or the reflection and still trying to follow the rule of thirds. When taking the shot, I was trying to capture the reflection and racing against the sun going down. But now in post processing, I do agree that the reflection is not as strong as I'd hope for. Thanks for your feedback and taking the time to comment.

Here's a version with the foreground clutter cropped out.

Wetland Photos