Thread: Trouble with Gina

Real Name
    Richard

Trouble with Gina

Gina is a tiny nine-week old Maltese-Poodle-Chihuahua mix who just won't stay still for a moment. Also it is impossible to attract her with the normal squeak toys or treats. We needed a decent portrait of Gina to send to a prospective adopter and ended up with this one which is pretty decent and indicative of what she looks like...

Trouble with Gina

This is how we got the shot we needed.

Trouble with Gina

Canon 7D, 70-200mm f/4L IS at 70mm. ISO 160, 1/60 second @ f/4. Hotshoe mounted Canon 420EX bounced off the ceiling and modified with a Joe Demb Flash Diffuser Pro...
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 14th December 2014 at 01:21 AM.

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

Re: Trouble with Gina

It works for me and I am not a small dog lover. A very appealing shot.

Real Name
    John

Cute pup, should be easy to see her on her next journey.

Real Name
    Binnur

She is so tiny and cute, I have to say that I prefer the second shot because of the sense of scale

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Nice nail polish... +1 to Binnur...I also like the second one, Richard -- cute and so small...

Real Name
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by bnnrcn View Post
    She is so tiny and cute, I have to say that I prefer the second shot because of the sense of scale
    I was thinking that the hand did show the scale. I did this one to try to show the scale...

Trouble with Gina

Here are a few more of Gina...

Trouble with Gina

Trouble with Gina

Gina has left our home to stay with a Maltese Rescue volunteer in the Los Angeles area where her new furever mom will soon meet her.

Gina's mom, Abbie, has been spayed and her dental work done. When the mom was around Gina, she was extremely protective. When we first received mom and Gina, neither Judy or I could get near mom or her puppy. She would snarl and try to bite either of us.

We virtually gave Abbie and Gina their own room for quiet and security. After a short time (that seemed like an eternity) the mom would let us touch her and also touch Gina. However, she would try to attack any other person or dog that got near her puppy.

When I brought the Abbie home from the vet, she was tired and groggy. Judy had taken Gina to Los Angeles while the mom was at the vet. The mom didn't seem to miss her puppy when she arrived home...

Abbie is really a darling girl when she doesn't feel the need to protect Gina. We wonder what happened to mom and daughter before we got them. I suspect that they were mistreated...
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 14th December 2014 at 05:46 PM.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    I was thinking that the hand did show the scale. I did this one to try to show the scale...
    The hand is by far the best thing to judge scale Richard, since I have no idea how big (or small) those objects might be.

In fact I was surprised the snowman was that small, had I seen her with that alone, I'd have assumed Gina to be more than twice the size she is.

Gina is very cute
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 15th December 2014 at 11:09 AM. Reason: correct typo and grammar

Real Name
    David

Adorable Richard