Thread: Dog Agility Shots

Real Name
    Dan

Dog Agility Shots

There are a couple of people who wait until the end of the season and order shots for the whole year. One lady just ordered a bunch of photos so while I was working with the files I pulled a couple more that I'd wanted to re-work. I only made it to a couple of events this year so not a lot to choose from.

Unless noted otherwise all were shot with NIKON D4, 80-400mm AF-S. Recommend looking in the light box.

This is Mae, a Belgian sheep dog. I work with her mom. She is also the lady who originally talked me into coming to an agility and got me hooked.

Dog Agility Shots

These are some of the shots that were just ordered. This lady runs a half dozen different dogs.

Dog Agility Shots

Dog Agility Shots

This one was shot with the D7100 and 80-400mm AF-S

Dog Agility Shots

This is one of my favorite teams. Crystal and her border collie, Riley. I've seen them go from novices to dominating the competition. I did the B/W conversion on this one because Crystal was wearing a pink fluorescent shirt and I never could get it to look right. It finally occurred to me to convert it.

Dog Agility Shots

Real Name
    David

Re: Dog Agility Shots

Great images Dan, I used to do this, as well as obedience with one of my Rottie's, many moon's ago

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

David -- I used to train dogs for agility at a local dog club on weekends when I was living in Oz, pal. I started with Lennix (my first rottie) when he was barely 6 weeks of age...need patience. They are not like dogs here in the US, here they give kibbles while in Oz they thrive on pats and saying "good job!"

These shots are excellent, Richard. I like that you got the pose of that first one very well as well as the Australian Shepherd (?). When I do not understand how to train dogs, we have a very intelligent border collie as a pet. We called her Miss Piggy because she grabs a mouthful of kibbles and put it on the floor to eat. Love dogs...and agility is an excellent way to bond with your dog.

Real Name
    Binnur

Hi Dan, very nice shots I loved the B&W image. IMO the coloured images are a bit at the bright side .

Real Name
    Dan

Thanks for the comments, folks. Glad you enjoyed the shots.
    Quote Originally Posted by bnnrcn View Post
    Hi Dan, very nice shots I loved the B&W image. IMO the coloured images are a bit at the bright side .
    Yes they are a bit bright, Binnur. For posting I just downsized the files that I edited for printing. I always brighten and add saturation for printing. Only the third color shot and the B/W were newly edited.

Real Name
    Richard

Dan,
    All of these shots are really nice! The two I like best are #1 which is one of my favorite photos ever of a Belgian Sheep Dog and #5, the B&W, showing the intense concentration of the Border Collie and the intense concentration along with the enjoyment of the handler.

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Great shots Dan, in terms of composition and quality. The last one of Crystal and Riley is a ripper, especially when viewed in Litebox. That one's just got to go on a wall somewhere !

Dave

Real Name
    Dan

Thanks, Dave and Richard. Crystal has the color version in 8x10 format.

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    ...#1 which is one of my favorite photos ever of a Belgian Sheep Dog...
    Richard, if you like that one check out this shot from a couple seasons ago of Mae's big brother, Krishna.

Dog Agility Shots

Real Name
    Richard

This is also an absolutely beautiful image. Both should be decorating the owner or breeder's walls. Although I like canvas prints, I think I might have these done as metallic prints...

When we were deciding what breed to replace our golden retriever-German Shepherd-wolf mix who passed from cancer, we seriously considered the Belgian Sheep Dog and actually talked to a breeder regarding that breed. Then, we remembered that the ONLY thing we did not like about our late big dog was the bushels of hair she would shed. We decided on a Goldendoodle as our big dog. She sheds very little and we couldn't be happier....

Real Name
    Jim

Enjoyed viewing.

Real Name
    John

Nice series.

Real Name
    Dan

Thanks, guys.

Richard, both of the Belgians pictured here came from Europe. The lady did have me print the shot of Krishna on canvas. It came out pretty good.