Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christmas Snow Globe

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Re: Christmas Snow Globe

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    Thank you Christina! The neat thing is that you can use any number of appropriate images in the globe.

Maybe next year I'll do a Christmas Tree and have the lights twinkle!
    Do this one, Frank....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L088...=TL3q4Y1JaN4hA

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    An interesting transformation and a great one for you to do Izzie! Looks like it should be relatively easy to follow. One great thing about following that, and similar videos, is that you learn great post processing techniques for improving your own images!

Although I am not against doing limited forms of composite imagery, I try to stick with blending to images that I have taken at the same place and time to get the best I can out of what I have captured.

Mostly I try to improve the detail in the shadows and highlights and increase the DoF to what I see with my eyes when I look at a scene. It's a funny thing. Folks that don't want to have fuzzy vision sometimes prefer fuzzy images (shallow DoF) which is not what they actually see but rather what is imposed by the shortcomings of the camera!

Admittedly, the Christmas Snow Globe and Photo Tree Ornament go beyond that point so I do slip off the fence on occasion, but I try to avoid the temptation to composite things like a jockey on a hummingbird.
    Last edited by FrankMi; 16th December 2014 at 01:09 PM.

Real Name
    Christina

Thank you for sharing. Your posts are always informative, and this one is magical.

A Christmas tree with twinkling lights sounds delightful!

Thank you Christina! The neat thing is that you can use any number of appropriate images in the globe.

Maybe next year I'll do a Christmas Tree and have the lights twinkle!

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Exactly how I learned Photoshop in the old days -- following text instruction, but with Kim's idea and a software to capture YouTube shows, I capture the video then follow instructions in my own good time...especially at this time of the year when my family are begging me to do an i-Christmas card to send to their friends...then there's the prepping for THE day and all these domestic happenings in this house...very rare that I can access my computer at this time, usually around the middle of the night...when all is quiet as a mouse looking for kibbles...

An interesting transformation and a great one for you to do Izzie! Looks like it should be relatively easy to follow. One great thing about following that, and similar videos, is that you learn great post processing techniques for improving your own images!

Although I am not against doing limited forms of composite imagery, I try to stick with blending to images that I have taken at the same place and time to get the best I can out of what I have captured.

Mostly I try to improve the detail in the shadows and highlights and increase the DoF to what I see with my eyes when I look at a scene. It's a funny thing. Folks that don't want to have fuzzy vision sometimes prefer fuzzy images (shallow DoF) which is not what they actually see but rather what is imposed by the shortcomings of the camera!

Admittedly, the Christmas Snow Globe and Photo Tree Ornament go beyond that point so I do slip off the fence on occasion, but I try to avoid the temptation to composite things like a jockey on a hummingbird.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12