Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Quickie and inexpensive Holiday cards

Real Name
    Richard

Quickie and inexpensive Holiday cards

We decided that our group should send out Holiday cards to the various shelters, veterinarians, other rescue groups and others whom we might want to keep in touch with.

We did not want to spend a great deal of money on the cards, since we as volunteers pay for everything except vet care out of our own pockets, and we also needed the cards quite quickly, because this was a last minute decision...

I researched various vendors for the best deal and came up with WalMart

Cards done on photo paper are as low as 28 cents ($.28 USD) each including envelopes. The design we selected used Rudy's picture:

Our selected cards cost 40 cents ($.40 USD) each, including envelopes and looked quite decent. The nice thing about ordering these cards is that they can be picked up at our local WalMart one hour after ordering. Another nice thing is that you can order any number of cards from one to an unlimited number, so we will not be stuck paying for extra cards that we will not use. I have ordered single cards in several designs as proofs and we are quite happy with them.

I have also ordered single copies of cards on metallic paper at sixty-seven cents ($.67 USD with envelopes)) but, these are not available from the local Walmart photo center. They will be shipped free of charge to my home. I ordered two samples of this type of card also. They will arrive at my house on December 17th. This would not be time enough to reorder for mailing out but, next year we will get going a bit earlier.

Judy and I also ordered a small batch of personal cards and I will pick these up today.

I am going to experiment with the WalMart calendars. They are less expensive than those which we ordered from an online printer and we can also order the exact number of calendars we need, replenishing our supplies when needed. That means we will not, in the future, have to eat the cost of unsold calendars. In order to get a relatively decent price from the online printer (not as low as WalMart though) we had to order a fairly large number of calendars...
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 10th December 2014 at 04:44 PM.

Real Name
    Terri

Re: Quickie and inexpensive Holiday cards

Thanks for the info, Richard. Good to know of an inexpensive choice that is decent quality.

Real Name
    Richard

The card itself doesn't have the white borders that are shown in this image...

Real Name
    John

Nice concept.

hp is connected with a website that does a similar service, I'm not sure if costs are similar to what you've found, but my other reason for posting this is hp also sells a photo kit for postcards, etc. The photo kit also had an application for printing gift cards.

https://www.twosmiles.com/arts