Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Tomb Raider (HDR)

Real Name
    Tirtha

Tomb Raider (HDR)

Hi, Am a new member in this forum and this is my first post. Clicked in my last trip to Agra, India. Both are single exposure HDR. Let me know, what you think about them.

Buland Darwaza

Tomb Raider (HDR)

Way To Taj

Tomb Raider (HDR)

Regards,
    Tirtha

Re: Tomb Raider

Hi Tirtha and welcome.

Very good shots - good strong composition and colours. I like the addition of people in #1 as it gives a needed sense of scale. What program did you use for the HDR tone-mapping?

Real Name
    Tirtha

Quote Originally Posted by carregwen View Post
    Hi Tirtha and welcome.

Very good shots - good strong composition and colours. I like the addition of people in #1 as it gives a needed sense of scale. What program did you use for the HDR tone-mapping?

Thanks Rob. I have used Photomatix Pro for the tone mapping and CS3 for retouch.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Tirtha,

Quote Originally Posted by tirtha1979 View Post
    ~ I have used Photomatix Pro for the tone mapping and CS3 for retouch.
    You'd be surprised how many people forget to do a final re-touch after Photomatix Pro !

These look great, the first is my favourite, good angle and (as Rob says, scale with the people), nice framing and no halos

With #2, as shot from further away; the perspective distortion of camera angle doesn't contribute to the composition as in #1, so I think it might look better with the perspective corrected in CS3 to get the building vertical. Now that isn't something I need to do everyday, so I can't advise exactly how, but looking at it, I suspect it'll need a canvas stretch vertically to avoid it looking too 'flattened' if you just drag the corners outwards alone (clearly you don't want to lose the top of the spires).

A good first pictures post, well done,

Real Name
    Tirtha

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hi Tirtha,

You'd be surprised how many people forget to do a final re-touch after Photomatix Pro !

These look great, the first is my favourite, good angle and (as Rob says, scale with the people), nice framing and no halos

With #2, as shot from further away; the perspective distortion of camera angle doesn't contribute to the composition as in #1, so I think it might look better with the perspective corrected in CS3 to get the building vertical. Now that isn't something I need to do everyday, so I can't advise exactly how, but looking at it, I suspect it'll need a canvas stretch vertically to avoid it looking too 'flattened' if you just drag the corners outwards alone (clearly you don't want to lose the top of the spires).

A good first pictures post, well done,
    Hi dave, thanks a lot for commenting and for all the inputs. I already have fixed the perspective distortion in this picture. Could not find the copy while posting. Will find it and post it soon.

Photomatix is good for tone mapping but for the final Saturation, color kick and sharpness, I always depend on PS.

Very good result, with a single RAW has done a perfect job.
    I can see only some saturated reds (I have a Wide Gamut monitor and it shows easily)

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Hi, Tirtha. Welcome to the forum. Neat job done with the pic. Like the composition.
    I have been there and there is something special about the door, besides it being HUGE. Was it clapping in front of it and it echoing? I was 12-14 when I went there, so have a vague memory.