Thread: From the afternoon walks

Real Name
    António Correia

From the afternoon walks

In spite of the cloudy day we decided to go for a walk in the fields

From the afternoon walks
    Last edited by Antonio Correia; 1st December 2014 at 12:23 PM.

Real Name
    John

Re: From the afternoon walks

Nicely captured, cloudy days are made for warm or vibrant colors.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Very nice shot, Antonio -- I am just a little bit on the side of a more narrower frame.

Real Name
    António Correia

Thank you John and Izzie for your comments.

@ Izzie
    I think the cropping is just fine Izzie. The image looks to me well balanced and a tighter crop would - perhaps - isolate the tree from the context.
    Anyway, thank you for your opinion. It is always good to read other people's points of view...
    I usually have 3 crop proportions. I rarely change from one to another. This option gives - in my point of view and work - consistency to the hole photographic work I have been doing so far.
    When I take the picture I have already in mind - more or less - the final image. It works most of the times.

How about the wild mushrooms (not to be eaten) herewith ?
    From the afternoon walks
    Last edited by Antonio Correia; 1st December 2014 at 03:26 PM.

Real Name
    James Edwards

Antonio, beautiful captures.

The crop in each image works for me, as does the framing and titling. I was however drawn back to the framing of first image.
    I cannot remember you framing with a black outer border before, and although it works well on the posted image, I found it somewhat distracting on the lightbox view.

James

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Correia View Post
    .........I think the cropping is just fine .......... The image looks to me well balanced and a tighter crop would - perhaps - isolate the tree from the context.................
    It's about right for me also Antonio. It would be a shame to narrow the context in which the tree sits too much because of its weathered look and age.

Real Name
    Ian

Antonio,

As ever, you show yourself to be a master when it comes to capturing and presenting subjects to great effect. The angle of the tree in the first shot really appeals and I thinks sits very well in the frame.

(Despite me commonly looking for the crop, I think this would lose so much by attempting such a move in this case).

I wonder what next in the series?

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

I am not referring to the cropping, Antonio, of the shot. I am referring to the white frame around it.

Real Name
    António Correia

Thank you all for the comments

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    I am not referring to the cropping, Antonio, of the shot. I am referring to the white frame around it.
    If I read correctly most of the comments were - or rather, are - about the framing not the crop.
    I decided to move definitively to this kind of presentation - which I will describe in a few moments - after I decided that I only - or mostly - work by projects. This procedure makes me to produce coherent set of images all in the same size, treatment and so forth.
    The presentation is always with white canvas with a line at the bottom. Above, the name of the project and bellow some kind of information about the project.
    But for example when I photograph my grandson I always use his name above and bellow the place where we are and his age. A legacy I hope !

The canvas has quite an advantage: better presentation, you hold the white area and not the image itself, you can easily place the image inside a frame to hang on the wall and so on. I can't remember of anything else now...

Make an experiment:
    Print one image without canvas and another with. Compare. Which you like best ? Ask your friends. Show it to others and ask their opinion. Make a decision about it and pursuit your choice.
    However, be careful to show your example to the right persons. I mean show them to people who have a minimum sense of aesthetics.

Meanwhile I present you with another one. Remember do not eat mushrooms you do not know the origine !
    From the afternoon walks

Real Name
    António Correia

From the afternoon walks