Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 Project 52 Preparation

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Re: 2015 Project 52 Preparation

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    To be strictly correct, Frank, Auto Align option followed by Auto Merge; under the Edit Menu.

I don't think I kept the resulting image but can easily do it again, only a few clicks needed.
    Ah, gotcha!

If I do a straight auto blend with CS5 this is the result.

2015 Project 52 Preparation

And if I manually tweak the auto masks

2015 Project 52 Preparation

I haven't tried just doing manual edits to straight masks (Reveal/Hide All) which is probably the best way of working on these tricky areas, although a bit more time consuming.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Geoff, if you look, particularly at the first image in post #22, you'll see that anywhere there is high contrast edges, like on the reflection of the blinds, the surface detail is not there. In areas like the bland area between the windows, the surface details can be seen. On the vertical lines of the window frame, if there are surface marks that have significant contrast, the vertical lines of the window frame is replaced with the surface detail and the reflected lines no longer appear.

My guess is that the only way to get both to look close to right would be to apply some tedious manual mask work and even then, the best you could hope for is to see either the surface or reflection, and possibly a soft opacity merging of the two.

Real Name
    Binnur

Hi Frank. May be it is better to make some trials with water as you mentioned in the beginning of this thread. You got me curious about the matter. I'm looking forward to following your 2015 project 52
    Last edited by bnnrcn; 2nd December 2014 at 06:20 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12