Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This One Has To Be Colour !

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Re: This One Has To Be Colour !

Quote Originally Posted by HaseebM View Post
    Scintillating shot, amazing reds. Wonder how it would look cropped entirely to show the red tree area.
    Haseeb, when you look at the image again, any image posted here, click on the magnifying glass -- then you can move the image around your monitor to see if it needs cropping top, bottom or either side. Then and only then can you enlarge the image and look for "faults" or "little beauties" that adds to the image or detracts from it. Sometimes I am lazy to do that because I am tired but when I see an posted image that really stood out, it is nice to investigate a little bit more than the usual look-see.

Just a thought...

Real Name
    Haseeb Modi

Thanks Izzie, didn't know that. You have a good grasp, wish I could see some of your images. Where do you post them.

Real Name
    vaez

wonderful special color

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Quote Originally Posted by vaez View Post
    wonderful special color

Thank you Vaez.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Quote Originally Posted by HaseebM View Post
    Thanks Izzie, didn't know that. You have a good grasp, wish I could see some of your images. Where do you post them.
    Nowhere...just here. I seldom post my images but every now and then I go to my files and grab a few or when I do go out and shoot some. I still have some I haven't edited yet from my trip to Oz a few weeks ago because when I got home, taking care of my sick dog comes first. I am not a good photographer...I am still also a beginner amateur...

Real Name
    John

As this picture appeared on my screen (top-down), I thought that this could only be Australia! I think that the gum trees on the right are part of this gestalt. Impressive!

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRostron View Post
    As this picture appeared on my screen (top-down), I thought that this could only be Australia! I think that the gum trees on the right are part of this gestalt. Impressive!
    Thank you for looking and commenting John. I have a wider shot than this with more eucalypts but I felt that the shot posted had about the right balance.

Dave

Real Name
    John

I'm late to this Dave because I also saw the same thing as Donald. I must admit that I assumed the site had been attacked by some misguided individual. Now I see the proper image, its colour is impressive and no, why would you ever wish to hide it in mono. Nice image.

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Quote Originally Posted by John 2 View Post
    I'm late to this Dave because I also saw the same thing as Donald. I must admit that I assumed the site had been attacked by some misguided individual. Now I see the proper image, its colour is impressive and no, why would you ever wish to hide it in mono. Nice image.
    John thanks for your comments. Murhy's law has been at work here I think. The rogue image together with my somewhat obscure title must have had people scratching their heads. The title was meant to contrast with that of another thread I had posted regarding the wonders of Black and White ! But somehow it just all fell flat.

Dave

Real Name
    Kerry

Stunning! I love the colours of the trees at this time of the year. On our road its all the lovely Jacarandas. Must pull away from the surf and check out those trees

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Quote Originally Posted by kezmal View Post
    Stunning! I love the colours of the trees at this time of the year. On our road its all the lovely Jacarandas. Must pull away from the surf and check out those trees
    Thanks Kerry. We are very fortunate here at this time of the year. October brings the blooming Jacarandas and November the Poincianas. The latter seem to be particularly good this year. Plenty of time for surf and trees !

Dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12