Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to the Forum #1

Real Name
    Richard

Re: New to the Forum #1

Best of luck with your two big beautiful girls! BTW: regarding big dogs; are you familiar with the Anatolian Shepherd? My favorite big dogs (really medium size but, some can get to over 100 pounds) are the Goldendoodle and Labradoodle but, the Anatolian Shepherd runs a close second. The G.P and Newfies are well up on that list but, we opted for the poodle cross because of the minimal shedding...

My Holly at 55 pounds...

New to the Forum #1

CoCo (now 80 pounds she was about 65 pounds when this shot was taken) a previous rescue Labradoodle we fostered who has found her furever family. We are doggie sitting this darling girl over the Thanksgiving Holiday. She is having a wonderful time in our big yard with Holly and our hoard of smaller dogs...

New to the Forum #1
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 26th November 2014 at 07:19 PM.

Real Name
    Barbara

Beautiful babies! Love Holly's facial expression! and Coco a very soulful one. How sweet of you to babysit. I am not sure how you are able to foster. I am a foster failure as I adopted the only foster we have had. I am familiar with the Anatolian Shepherd, in fact we think our Sophie might be part AS. It is very common for GP and AS to be cross bred here in Texas supposedly it makes for an even better guardian livestock dogs. Unfortunately they are way over bred here and there is an excessive amount in rescue.

Real Name
    Richard

It is a shame when dogs are indiscriminately over-bred resulting in large numbers in shelters. In Southern California, we have that problem with pit bulls and Chihuahuas. The shelters are overwhelmed with these breeds. There are organizations that offer free neuter or spay to those breeds (they will even drive a mobile spay/neuter van to where the dogs live) but, unfortunately the irresponsible owners do not take advantage of that offer.

However, I'd love to see a G.P. + Anatolian cross. I'll bet that combination would be magnificent; since the two breeds are awesome by themselves...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12