Thread: SonicGroove aka Craig

SonicGroove aka Craig

Hi, I'm Craig, a 40 something newbie from Yorkshire, who lives in Lancashire. I have always been interested in Photography, but until recently, I never had the time or money to give it the attention it deserves. I bought a Panasonic GF1 back in April of this year and haven't looked back.

I now own several bodies...A D40X, a D3200, A Lumix G1, An Olympus E-PM2, an Olympus E-P2, a Canon 300D and my Favourite, A Sony Nex 5. I use mainly vintage glass via adapters, for 2 reasons....1. they are cheap, 2. They are BRILLIANT!

I have over 30 lenses at the last count, covering (and re-covering) the whole optical range. It's the most fun part of my hobby, buying a lens from a Car Boot Sale and rushing home to try it out. I have picked up so incredible bargains, and some utter rubbish, but the most I have paid for a lens so far was £32 (a 135mm F2.8 Pentacon 'Bokeh Monster') and the biggest bargain was a Carl Zeiss Flektagon 35mm f2.4 in MINT condition for £5)

As far as the photography goes,I haven't really settled into a 'style' as yet. I love Pet portraits,and I adore Gig Photography, but I'm as happy getting up close and personal with a flower or reaching for the moon on clear nights.

I hope to be a regular here, and will upload a LOT if that's OK ith you guys. Please feel free to rip my efforts to shreds too. I am not easily (ever?) offended and think that is the best way to learn. I'm also not precious about my shots either, so feel free to download and manipulate them to illustrate you point when criticising.

That's it for now. You can find a couple of examples in the pets and people section if you so desire.

Real Name
    John

Re: SonicGroove aka Craig

Hi Craig,

Welcome to the forum. I wish I had your courage regarding lenses, I tend to do some research first before making the investment. However, I do have a few old lenses that work well as macro lenses.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Re: SonicGroove aka Craig

Welcome to CiC, Craig! Given the stable of lenses and number of fine cameras at your disposal I'm looking forward to seeing the image you will be posting! To help you get the most out of the forum resources available to you, take a look at the following...

How to Get Effective Feedback for your Posted Images