Thread: Has anyone upgraded OnOne Photo Suite from 8 to 9?

Deep in the heart of Texas and Fort Wayne Indiana
    Real Name
    Kristianna-Marie - I listen to Kris too.....

Has anyone upgraded OnOne Photo Suite from 8 to 9?

Is it worth the price? ($99.95). Does it have significant improvements?
    If I install the 30 day trial, will I loose version 8? (In case I decide I don't want or need the upgrade).

Real Name
    Dan

Re: Has anyone upgraded OnOne Photo Suite from 8 to 9?

I upgraded. Haven't used 9 enough yet to decide whether it was worth it. Typical frustration with things moved etc. During install it gave choice of leaving 8 installed or not. So I'd give the 30 day trial a go. I'm hoping the NR works well because if so I will pretty much be down to LR plus PPS9 for all editing needs.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernFocus View Post
    I upgraded. Haven't used 9 enough yet to decide whether it was worth it. Typical frustration with things moved etc. During install it gave choice of leaving 8 installed or not. So I'd give the 30 day trial a go. I'm hoping the NR works well because if so I will pretty much be down to LR plus PPS9 for all editing needs.
    Thanks Dan.

Real Name
    Richard

Kris,

I am in the same boat as Dan... I upgraded to Version 9 but, I have not had the time to work with it so I am still doing my work with Version 8. I have Versions 7, 8 and 9 on my computer right now; keeping the older version just in case there is something that I like better. I have a very large hard drive on my computer so I don't have to worry about space.

Since, I haven't been able to use it, I really cannot say if I like it better or if it is worth the money. However, the videos that I have watched regarding v.9 are quite interesting...

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

I am still on 8.5 and I like it very much. I will have version 9 very soon next week (or two) so I will tell you then if it is worth it or not. I am also one who would leave a copy of a previous version on my harddrive...

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    Kris,

I am in the same boat as Dan... I upgraded to Version 9 but, I have not had the time to work with it so I am still doing my work with Version 8. I have Versions 7, 8 and 9 on my computer right now; keeping the older version just in case there is something that I like better. I have a very large hard drive on my computer so I don't have to worry about space.

Since, I haven't been able to use it, I really cannot say if I like it better or if it is worth the money. However, the videos that I have watched regarding v.9 are quite interesting...
    I just finished downloading the 30 day trial. I'm not hurting for space, so if I can keep version 8 also, I may give it a try. I'll install it later today and try to find out if it's worth the money....

Real Name
    Patrik

I have upgraded to PPS9 and although there are not many important changes to the previous version I found these new features of particularly helpful:

* SMART photo features, similar to photoshop
    * Improved masking and selection features that are already good
    * Quick Mask addition
    * Noise reduction possibilities added
    * New Print options

Cheers/