Thread: Design Guidelines for Photographers

Real Name
    Greg

Design Guidelines for Photographers

I think this is a pretty good video on the 'rules' /guidelines of composition. How useful it is, will depend on your level of expertise, of course.

It also found it interesting because many of the images used to illustrate the principles are examples of street photography, and the presenter, Adam Marelli, offers some pointers about the genre - or his approach to it, at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwk3YFknyNA

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Re: Design Guidelines for Photographers

Took note of the link for viewing, capturing and learning from it later when I have time -- thanks Greg...

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by FootLoose View Post
    I think this is a pretty good video on the 'rules' /guidelines of composition. How useful it is, will depend on your level of expertise, of course.

It also found it interesting because many of the images used to illustrate the principles are examples of street photography, and the presenter, Adam Marelli, offers some pointers about the genre - or his approach to it, at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwk3YFknyNA
    Greg,

Have you gone back and analyzed your portrait shots to see if the eyes lineup with the center of the image?

Real Name
    Greg

About the only portrait shots I have are those of one of my younger grandsons, and just keeping him in the frame is enough of a challenge . But that idea, and turning the body a bit, are two that I will bear in mind if shoot portraits of less active subjects.