Real Name
    Brian

Emerging

Emerging

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Emerging

Hi Brian,

I like the shot, although I feel it could be slightly improved with a re-shoot (assuming this is in your wonderful garden), or possibly in PP.

The two things are:
    a) the fairly sharp green leaf connecting the the left edge of frame to the bloom (it is quite sharp/in focus), perhaps this could be held out of the way during a re-shoot? - or cloned out in PP?
    b) the dark background branch top centre, a very slight change of your camera position might avoid this appearing behind the left petal and just tangentially 'touching' the centre bloom? - or clone 'narrow' it slightly?

What I like are the two bold colours, the water drops, the composition and the green out of focus bit across the lower edge, the latter really makes sense of the thread title.

Well done, Dave
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 31st October 2014 at 03:50 PM. Reason: added first 'slightly'

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Quite appealing Brian. Obviously a plant of some sort but not one I recognize. Any background on what it is we are seeing?

Real Name
    John

Nicely captured.

Real Name
    Binnur

Very nice

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hi Brian,

I like the shot, although I feel it could be slightly improved with a re-shoot (assuming this is in your wonderful garden), or possibly in PP.

The two things are:
    a) the fairly sharp green leaf connecting the the left edge of frame to the bloom (it is quite sharp/in focus), perhaps this could be held out of the way during a re-shoot? - or cloned out in PP?
    b) the dark background branch top centre, a very slight change of your camera position might avoid this appearing behind the left petal and just tangentially 'touching' the centre bloom? - or clone 'narrow' it slightly?

What I like are the two bold colours, the water drops, the composition and the green out of focus bit across the lower edge, the latter really makes sense of the thread title.

Well done, Dave
    It is indeed in our garden/temple. Perhaps a gaussian blur on the infocus leaf? I could try a reshoot but different light and water drops. I shall give it a try and see what happens.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    Quite appealing Brian. Obviously a plant of some sort but not one I recognize. Any background on what it is we are seeing?
    I will ask one of the locals for the indigenous name. I believe it is part of the ginger family. The plant can grow 2 to 3 meters tall.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bnnrcn View Post
    Very nice
    It is a nice plant that over 6 or so months will change dramatically.