Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just in time for Halloween and Thanksgiving...

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Just in time for Halloween and Thanksgiving...

These shots were a pass through at the pumpkin patch at Theis Farm near Creve Coeur Airport...C&C welcome...

1. Goat

2. A pretend ship structure

3. Pumpkin patch girls

4. Hay Bales Arch

Real Name
    John

Re: Just in time for Halloween and Thanksgiving...

Nice captures, really like #2 and 4.

Real Name
    Binnur

#2 and #4 for me too Isabel. Nice colours and compositions

You had a tricky shot with the black goat against a white background, Izzie, but I wonder if you could get away with a fraction more highlight brightness to create just a little bit of extra 'pop' to the scene?

Real Name
    Matt

Nice shots Izzie, number 3 is my favourite

Real Name
    Suzan J

Hi Izzie: I also vote for # 3. It tells a nice little story. Those look like pretty big pumpkins! By the way, where is Creve Coeur?

Real Name
    Greg

I like the first and 3rd, Izzie. I'm fond of goats and I think the first shot shows their capriciousness.

The 3rd is whimsical. We don't have halloween and all I know about it comes from American tv, but I think this shot captures the magic of it for kids.

A question about the 4th: as those two people on the seat real? They remind of two characters from American Gothic - which may be appropriate for the setting.

Real Name
    Leslie

Izzie,
    Nice series. #4 is my favourite.

Real Name
    Christina

Hi Izzie,

My fave is the goat, beautifully photographed and uniquely composed. I also love the moment captured in the 3rd image.

Real Name
    Terry

Fun stuff Izzie!

Do these seem to have a pretty severe color cast going on to you?

Real Name
    Travis

Really nice Izzie

Real Name
    Izzie

Thank you John and Binnur for your votes...I am counting them... 'Have more shots. I was just testing my pooter if it will edit OK...

Geoff that whitish background is actually how the weather exactly looks like on that day...very gloomy sans rain. I will see what I can do...thanks for commenting.

Thanks, Matt...at last the first one to like #3. I thought that was cute too. These kids are so far away from me they were the size of my thumb but I decided to zoom in so not too sharp, just the right amount of blurring I suppose...

Susan...those pumpkins are huge. The farm especially grow them for this time of the year. I was thinking of going to the other field areas to show how big the farm was but hubby was begging to go home. I should be the one who should beg him to go home as I just landed at St.Louis an hour before and he said he wanted to pass by our hangar to get something...This place is next to our hangar area. In fact, the airport owners bought some big areas of this farm to add to our airport acreage. Creve Coeur is at Maryland Heights, part of St. Louis county here in Missouri. Thanks for your comment.

Thank you, Leslie and Travis for commenting...I truly appreciate everyone who put in their votes and comments and critiques and whatever else....

These sort of comments really encourage me to pick up my camera some more...and endeavour to fix my pooter. It is like pulling teeth at the moment...

Real Name
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Canon View Post
    Fun stuff Izzie!

Do these seem to have a pretty severe color cast going on to you?
    Just what I thought Izzie, I see an orange (ish) colour cast in the last three images but not the first one.

Real Name
    Izzie

Quote Originally Posted by FootLoose View Post
    I like the first and 3rd, Izzie. I'm fond of goats and I think the first shot shows their capriciousness.

The 3rd is whimsical. We don't have halloween and all I know about it comes from American tv, but I think this shot captures the magic of it for kids.

A question about the 4th: as those two people on the seat real? They remind of two characters from American Gothic - which may be appropriate for the setting.
    Greg...I am glad that goat was there and it can stay there. When I was young I was told to amuse myself by trying to milk a kid... Anyway, thanks for commenting. I agree about Halloween. I was of the same thought of you until I experienced my first one. I decorated the front of our house with Thanksgiving and bales of hay and really went over the top, only to find out that Thanksgiving is more of a celebration here and people go over the top with decorations too. Halloween here is not just for kids -- parents dressed up too and stay nearby to make sure the kids are OK when they go trick and treating...some people who don't want trick and treaters shut their front light so no one will come to their door. Strange culture but I came to love it...

Our "little kid" here is a 25 year old and he takes care of the lollies for kids. Then he goes out trick and treating with friends so he can get back what he give out to the other kids...I probably pick up one or two from the leftovers once a month or so because I am not fond of sweets and I am allergic to chocolates.

About #4 -- yes, those are real people. They are exactly the reason why I took that shot...I thought they will make a good perspective on how part of this area looks like...and there are a lot of areas for kids and adult to go around in. I was just outside the whole structures taking quick snaps because we were in a hurry...Bugger if I know when I will be able to take a planned shot or two. I tried to escape yesterday afternoon to go drive somewhere, even just to nearby supermarket and hubby saw me and asked if I want him to drive...

Real Name
    Izzie

Quote Originally Posted by Brownbear View Post
    Hi Izzie,

My fave is the goat, beautifully photographed and uniquely composed. I also love the moment captured in the 3rd image.
    Thank you for looking and commenting, Christina...I will try to amuse Geoff and edit it some more to "pop" it up. pooter is not cooperating with me fully yet...

Real Name
    Izzie

Terry and Peter...thank you for commenting and casting your votes. Yes Terry it looks like fun. At least everyone I saw there have smiles on their faces and squealing kids as they traverse the hay bales and nooks and crannies of the structures thrills even the most discerning. Happens every year there...

Sorry about the colour cast...I am suppose to practice edit these on my newly formatted computer and it is misbehaving -- I have to go inside each day to change my settings to the correct colour when I calibrated my monitor. A bit of a hiccup at this time...I am still testing the dang thing...it is a real PITA to fix at this time...I will try again or throw it all out of the window...I will try to fix the colour cast...when you are editing all these particular one colour, staying too long in front of the monitor changed my perspective on what the real colour of the other part of the world looks like...hopefully not jail orange....

Regarding the colour cast.

Looking at the Exif information, it seems to indicate that you are using Adobe RGB for your colour setting? If so, that could be the problem.

Adobe RGB can add a little bit extra to some colours etc and be worth using on those images; but it can cause false colour problems if your system isn't fully set for that. And it will often create problems when uploading to the internet where sRGB is the normal method.

up on a knob above Paden City, West Virginia
    Real Name
    Marie Hass

Hi Izzie,

May I please edit your image #2? I think you just need a simple white balance adjustment for the ones with a yellowish tint.

'Rie

Real Name
    Jim

Looks like a nice pumpkin patch. Have a few where I live, fun to visit.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Well Izzie, I like #3 as well! The girls look like they are having a blast!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast