Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: A small boat (HDR)

  1. #1

    A small boat (HDR)

    A small boat on the beach of La Carihuela (Torremolinos, Spain)
    Merged with Zeronoise, postprocess with PS
    3 photos, 2 EV between shots, 0, +2, +4

    A small boat (HDR)

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    17,662
    Real Name
    Have a guess :)

    Re: A small boat

    Quote Originally Posted by alvarito View Post
    A small boat on the beach of La Carihuela (Torremolinos, Spain)
    Nice work Francisco

  3. #3

    Re: A small boat

    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Southern View Post
    Nice work Francisco
    Yes, I too like this one. Francisco, did you use a filter for the sun? You did well to get the rays like that without any blotchy flares. Unusual composition, but I think it looks good.

  4. #4

    Re: A small boat

    I did not use any filters. The flare occurred was eliminated PS.
    Thanks for yours comments

  5. #5
    Steve H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Te Anau, New Zealand
    Posts
    185

    Re: A small boat

    Brilliant in all respects - congrats, very nice.

    Just curious though with taking 3 separate shots why the wave is not blurred? Do you mask it and only use 'the wave' from one of the shots?

  6. #6

    Re: A small boat

    accurate, I can edit with chewing Zeronoise fusion and choose the areas that interest me for a photo.
    sorry but my English is not very correct

  7. #7
    Steve H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Te Anau, New Zealand
    Posts
    185

    Re: A small boat

    Quote Originally Posted by alvarito View Post
    accurate, I can edit with chewing Zeronoise fusion and choose the areas that interest me for a photo.
    sorry but my English is not very correct
    Ahhh, very good.

    and no problems with your English - it's better than my Spanish

  8. #8

    Re: A small boat

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve H View Post
    Brilliant in all respects - congrats, very nice.

    Just curious though with taking 3 separate shots why the wave is not blurred? Do you mask it and only use 'the wave' from one of the shots?
    One way to minimise that (but not eliminate it) is to set your camera bracketing then set auto-timer. Your camera should lift the mirror, take the three shots in rapid succession and then close mirror. If conditions are bright then it may take well under a second, much quicker than pressing the shutter three times by hand.

  9. #9

    Re: A small boat

    Quote Originally Posted by carregwen View Post
    One way to minimise that (but not eliminate it) is to set your camera bracketing then set auto-timer. Your camera should lift the mirror, take the three shots in rapid succession and then close mirror. If conditions are bright then it may take well under a second, much quicker than pressing the shutter three times by hand.
    very good advice

  10. #10
    arith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Burton on Trent, UK
    Posts
    4,788
    Real Name
    Steve

    Re: A small boat

    This is too good; however I would be inclined to darken that light sand. It is very nice, did you use a tripod and how did you keep it steady? cheers

  11. #11

    Re: A small boat

    The dynamic range of the scene is approximately 16EV. With just 3 shots is impossible to draw more fully on the sand.
    The tripod I leaned against a rock to help stabilize.
    Thanks for your visit

  12. #12
    arith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Burton on Trent, UK
    Posts
    4,788
    Real Name
    Steve

    Re: A small boat

    16 ev; crikey the most I ever got was 13 ev. Right I think you can still burn the sand then you will achieve immortality as the one who took this great shot. It is a great shot but maybe a slightly different angle to give the boat 3D, it is only an inch or so.

  13. #13

    Re: A small boat

    Front sun into the shade of the boat itself is a large dynamic range. It is better to lose detail in shadow.
    You may be right about the point of view

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •