Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Colorful Abstract #2

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Colorful Abstract #2

My previous post was #10,000, so I suppose I should celebrate those who have put up with reading them. Considering the blather that my 10,000 posts have contained, I can't figure out an appropriate way to do that.

Instead, I'm posting the image shown below because my wife likes it better than the other colorful abstract. If you don't like this second image, at least this one post can't be blamed on me.

Colorful Abstract #2

Real Name
    Mark

Re: Colorful Abstract #2

hmm, prefer the previous to be honest, but also would try rotating this one 90 degrees counter clockwise?

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

My previous post was #10,000, so I suppose I should celebrate those who have put up with reading them.
    You should celebrate Mike (we all should).

Cheers (strangely never more appropriate), Dave

Thank you to Mark and Dave

Real Name
    Binnur

First of all, I would like to thank you for posting those 10.000 .They are all full of useful information and very valuable, I'am always eager to see and read more of them

For the image above, I like the colors very much in this one but I find something strange in the composition and I can't figure out what it is May be the diagonal look bothers me. I think the previous one was better compositionally.

Real Name
    wm c boyer

Hey Mike...I'm liking that a lot...even if it does have a bend in it.

Binnur: Like you, I like this one less because the composition doesn't work as well for me.

Chauncey: If the bend that you are referring to is on the right side of the bottom edge of the bottle, that's the label. I thought I had framed the composition to exclude the label and learned once I got to the computer that I had not.

Real Name
    wm c boyer

Grrr...Mike I would have thought the laughing face would be an indication of leg pulling.

Sorry, Chauncey. Though the laughing face emoticon has a nice meaning to me, it's not a meaning that conveys that my leg is being pulled. Don't ya just love the inadequacies of communicating on Internet threads?

Real Name
    Christina

Just to say thank you for your 10,000 posts - it is very likely that 50% of those posts have been to address my questions. Truly appreciated. I always learn from reading your replies and suggestions to others.

PS At this moment I'm favouring this abstract because it looks like a close-up of a sparkling jewel.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownbear View Post
    it looks like a close-up of a sparkling jewel.
    The problem of being the photographer of an abstract is that the photographer always knows what the image is and isn't. On the other hand, when senility has set in perhaps I'll be wishing for better memory. At least everyone around me in that situation will be wishing I have a better memory.

Real Name
    Kaye Leggett

Congrats on helping us all for so long. I like this image, the colours work better for me that abstract 1. BTW I thought it was a cycle helmet until I followed back your threads. I was in champagne country last week, it was OK, but I preferred the Burgundy countryside and their wine. I went to Épernay a few years ago for a weekend and resolved to drink champagne all weekend........by Sunday evening I couldn't take any more and went back to a good red wine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaye Leggett View Post
    resolved to drink champagne all weekend
    Perhaps that's the origin of describing someone as having a bubbly personality.

Real Name
    Matt

I think I prefer this one, I can't put my finger on why though? Maybe because it has more colour in it.

Both a re nice images though.

Thank you, Matt.

More and more of you are confirming what I've understood for three decades: my wife's judgement is superior to mine. On the other hand, I had the good judgement to marry up, which by definition means she didn't.
    Last edited by Mike Buckley; 29th October 2014 at 06:54 PM.

Real Name
    Kaye Leggett

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    Perhaps that's the origin of describing someone as having a bubbly personality.
    Now that's a nice idea................
    I've also tested the theory that you can't get ill/drunk on champagne: it's a rubbish hypothesis but was fun testing as I've done it and proved it and so has a good friend, to the extent that he can no longer drink champagne at all. Thankfully I don't suffer such an affliction.