Thread: black ang white try CC please

Real Name
    James Yu

black ang white try CC please

Real Name
    John

Re: black ang white try CC please

Nothing wrong with the image that a little cropping wouldn't fix. The only issues are the overexposed surroundings, the walls are glaringly white.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsuy View Post

James

A good attempt, and you have chosen an attractive model to shoot. Am I allowed to say that?

I think the choice of backdrop let's it down somewhat. I agree with Shadowman who said the whites are quite glaring. I can't see much distinction between her dress and the dark door behind her, and that sign by her head is a bit distracting.

It might have been better to pose her against a tree , to give shade from the sun, using a gentle fill-flash to pick out the features on her face. A large aperture would have blurred any backdrop detail you didn't want. If you wanted her in a more urban setting (like in your shot) then a backdrop with more medium tones would have worked better I think - like a red brick wall. And you need to fill the space more with the model, unless there is some advantage to using a negative space.

Good try though. It's not easy is it?

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Hi James,

I agree with Rob. For starters, I'd consider cropping it into a square format to get rid of the 1/3 of the image to the right. How about popping her in the same pose in front of a tree or fence for a 2nd attempt? Also, is colour an option?