Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: What is your experience with the Sony full frame mirrorless?

What is your experience with the Sony full frame mirrorless?

What is your experience with the Sony full frame mirrorless? Is it worth the switch? Are you pleased with the IQ, handling, build construction/feel, menus/settings, etc? Really thinking about going there but have mixed feelings after owning/using a NEX-6.

Real Name
    Tareq Alhamrani

Re: What is your experience with the Sony full frame mirrorless?

Very strange no posts/replies here for a while.

Well, my experience is not big or long enough to justify anything, but when i buy something, i hold it for long until i can get something better or just stop using that something.

I bought my Sony A7R just after my step-mother died in about 3-4 days, and then i was in bad situations month after month, but that didn't stop me to buy gear or test, and i bought A7R for its 36mp and better DR over Canon DSLRs, and so far i am happy with it.

IQ = Excellent, the only camera i have that blown away my Sony A7R is my Hasselblad H4D-60.
    Handling = mirrorless, means lightweight camera, it is small, smaller than all my Canon DSLRs, so handling is perfect to me.
    build construction = didn't test it, but i think it is not weather sealing body and it can't handle bad impacts by dropping or something else.
    menus/settings = little fuzzy or confuzing, but it will take time to get used to it.

The problem i faced with this camera was with the remote, i have a wireless one but no cable compatible for it, so i was forced to buy the Sony wired one, but someone just linked me to a cable to use with my wireless remote shutter and i received that cable few weeks ago and the problem is solved, now it will be my main camera for landscapes and outdoor shots or even portraits too, let's say for everything except sports and most actions and fast moving subjects [birds, some animals,..etc]

Real Name
    Kathy

I don't think a lot of people have an A7 or A7R. I'll just post what I did the last time a "what do you think of the A7?" question popped up. Go hit the Fred Miranda Alt. Gear Board. Their main A7 thread is 195 pages.

Thank you for your very detailed response. Very Helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by TareqPhoto View Post
    Very strange no posts/replies here for a while.

Well, my experience is not big or long enough to justify anything, but when i buy something, i hold it for long until i can get something better or just stop using that something.

I bought my Sony A7R just after my step-mother died in about 3-4 days, and then i was in bad situations month after month, but that didn't stop me to buy gear or test, and i bought A7R for its 36mp and better DR over Canon DSLRs, and so far i am happy with it.

IQ = Excellent, the only camera i have that blown away my Sony A7R is my Hasselblad H4D-60.
    Handling = mirrorless, means lightweight camera, it is small, smaller than all my Canon DSLRs, so handling is perfect to me.
    build construction = didn't test it, but i think it is not weather sealing body and it can't handle bad impacts by dropping or something else.
    menus/settings = little fuzzy or confuzing, but it will take time to get used to it.

The problem i faced with this camera was with the remote, i have a wireless one but no cable compatible for it, so i was forced to buy the Sony wired one, but someone just linked me to a cable to use with my wireless remote shutter and i received that cable few weeks ago and the problem is solved, now it will be my main camera for landscapes and outdoor shots or even portraits too, let's say for everything except sports and most actions and fast moving subjects [birds, some animals,..etc]

Real Name
    Tareq Alhamrani

Quote Originally Posted by Giman View Post
    Thank you for your very detailed response. Very Helpful.
    You welcome, happy it helped a bit!!!