Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: People in Performance - Copacabana

Real Name
    Kay

People in Performance - Copacabana

Firstly, may I apologise for not being around of late. I know there is no expectation on members, but I like to try & remain involved. There have been several things keeping me away, a dear friend's husband passed away from MND/ALS recently, in the previous months, I was quite involved in the Ice Bucket challenge fundraising activities.
    Then we took a holiday and suddenly it's October...
    Anyway I did manage 1 photo forum worthy activity recently & that was to photograph my son's Melbourne Uni St Hilda's College Production of 'Copacabana'
    He can just be seen in the background of a couple of images, the musicians are on stage in this small theatre (no pit) & he has become infamous in his time living at the College, by dressing up in a Banana suit whenever he can...he is 6ft 4 tall, so this does create quite a sight I believe, anyway he is the banana suit wearing drummer & I thoroughly recommend this genre of photography to anyone, it is great fun & I'm sharing these as a reminder to me to return to life with a smile.
    Thankyou for viewing & I look forward to catching up on others work that I have missed!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: People in Performance - Copacabana

You may have only been an infrequent visitor of late, but the event photography skills haven't waned in any way. Great stuff, Kay. I hope circumstances allow you to be on here more often, because it's great to see you posting.

Real Name
    John

Nice series, nicely exposed.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Kay ... very nice series. I particularly like #1 and the pose of #5...those were brilliant shots amongst all of them...hope all is well on your side of the fence.

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Kay nice work on an enjoyable set of images. The performances that these youngsters can put on never cease to amaze me.

Dave

Real Name
    John

Nice series Kay. I wonder how many of them are at the start of something.

Real Name
    Kay

Quote Originally Posted by John 2 View Post
    Nice series Kay. I wonder how many of them are at the start of something.
    Thankyou everyone for viewing and commenting.
    John, your comment means more than you imagined. all of these young people are fine & happy, planning their summer jobs & life after College. yet sadly on the weekend here a young student at Melb Uni but at another College (Trinity) was the latest victim of what we call here the '1 punch attack' or 'coward punch'
    a drunk or drugged or just angry individual punches a stranger at random, unprovoked, the victim goes down hits their head on the concrete and dies (in this case, he was kicked as well )

it defies understanding, all the college kids have sport comps together etc, so my son knew the young man, who was of aboriginal descent in melbourne on a scolarship to start a better life & give back to his community in Darwin in years to come... sadly no longer possible.

i cannot remember violence like this when we were young, there were fights, but this is horrible, where you can be standing minding your own business & end up dead. I'm not sure if other countries around the world are seeing anything similar.
    anyway i hope for brighter news today.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Yes Kay...that was last year's news here...so it is happening in Oz too? Sad...I always have high regards for Aussies.