Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Epson 4900 ink on back of paper

Epson 4900 ink on back of paper

Hello all

Can anyone please help?

Looking from the front of the Epson Pro 4900 printer I have recently started to get slight light-blue ink marks down the right back edge of the photo paper
    when printing, that's the back paper edge nearest to the LCD screen display..

I use the cassette feed, and have always used genuine Epson Inks, paper is 280 g/m2

If I do a manual paper feed (not printing) there are no marks.

I have adjusted the platten gap to various settings no avail.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, or can point to why this might be happening.

Thank you for reading this and any help you may offer - Dave

Real Name
    Allan Short

Re: Epson 4900 ink on back of paper

Not much help here as I have the 4900, however I always manual feed, how it you maintenance tank, as I said not much help here from me.

Cheers: Allan

Real Name
    John

Have you checked the Epson forums, I believe I saw that very same problem mentioned when I was researching the printer. Also, there are a few youtube videos specifically related to troubleshooting this model.

Quote Originally Posted by Polar01 View Post
    Not much help here as I have the 4900, however I always manual feed, how it you maintenance tank, as I said not much help here from me.

Cheers: Allan
    Hi Allan, thank you for your reply

Yes maintenance tank is fine, just checked inside the printer and there was a small amount of surplus ink around the right hand side waste ink pad, cleaned around it and that seems to have solved the problem for now.

The pad itself was wet with ink, not sure if they can get over saturated after time or if they are replaceable.

Anyway I can see where the problem is, I will need to keep my eye on it.

Thank you - Dave

Hello, thank you for your reply,

There was a small amount of surplus ink around the right hand side waste ink pad, cleaned around it and that seems to have solved the problem for now.

I will check the forum. need to know if those pads are replaceable?

Thank you - Dave