Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: settings wrong.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Re: settings wrong.

Lukas' comment is a meant to be a friendly banter...I, for one, like conversations light that way. and would had added to his quip that I once heard that ...." vegetarians die hungry."

It will help if you go to your settings and put in the name you wanted to be referred to and put in where you are from. This a good and friendly forum and a bit of smart quip here and there lighten conversations up a bit instead of all serious, stick-in-the-mud sort.

Real Name
    Lukas Werth

...I actually want to write at least half an apology for writing my first mail in this thread. It was a bit abrasive; had I reflected a bit over what I had written, I would have probably not pushed the send-button. If I was taken for a troll, well, I hope I made clear that I am not.

Two reasons for my mail: first, I just endured here in Lahore the annual sacrifice during the big Eid. I do think this celebration day should be treated with somewhat more sophistication, just as I think Chrismass should be less commerce, and possibly more outreach beyond the family. Anyway, seeing all those slaughtered animals here, and then this ham roll...

Second, I truly thought the question was a bit, well, simple ...just another light and problem solved, no need for RAW, whatever.

But seeing that both issues are mine, not general ones...

Anyway, Izzie, with regard to me dying hungry: I have actually rather problems to control my weight. Still, I admit it takes out half of the fun of dining out.

Lukas

That last image was still sepia and unappetizing. Post processing should be able to make it look halfway normal just with white balance

Real Name
    Grahame

Hi Mark,

If you have Elements 12 (or any Elements ver) you can open your Jpeg in ACR and use either the WB controls to manually select the colour temperature you want or use the WB Tool, looks like an 'Eye Dropper' top left, and select an area that should be black, grey or white.

I have made the assumption the chopping board is white and selected an area on that using your original posted image.

settings wrong.

Good luck with your course.

Grahame

Real Name
    Ted

It's interesting to see the hue variation between the "fixed" images.

settings wrong.

Real Name
    Jeremy Rundle

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post

…well, you tried Jeremy! I wouldn't want to eat that!
    Does look a bit naff doesn't it

Real Name
    Grahame

Quote Originally Posted by xpatUSA View Post
    It's interesting to see the hue variation between the "fixed" images.

settings wrong.
    Hopefully the OP can tell us which is closest

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12