Thread: Browse in mini bridge

Real Name
    Binnur

Browse in mini bridge

When I was studying and practising some stuff in my photoshop book today, I amazingly noticed that 'browse in mini bridge' function doesn't exist in PS CC 2014 although it still exists and works in PS CC (I have got both versions and I have checked them). So, is this the situation for everybody who has got PS CC 2014 or is there something wrong with my PS CC 2014 which is very unlikely

Real Name
    Richard

Re: Browse in mini bridge

The reasons that I remained with CS6 is:

1. I was able to purchase CS6 as one of the last boxed programs that Adobe sold. It was on special in a two day sale for $240 U.S. Dollars. I have it and I own it! If Adobe wants to increase the price of CC as soon as they have enough photographers hooked, it won't impact me!

2. I use both NIK Software and Perfect Photo Suite and will keep upgrading those programs if I so desire. When I upgrade to a new edition of Perfect Photo Suite, I can keep my old editions on my computer and they are perfectly usable. If there is something I like better in an older program, I just use that edition for the task I want to accomplish. My cost for all three programs (CS6, Perfect Photo Suite and NIK Software) was less that the list price of Photoshop 6 when I purchased all three programs...

I really think that the CS6 + NIK and Perfect Photo combination is superior to Photoshop CC. OnOne upgrades their Perfect Photo Suite at intervals and the upgrades are not that expensive. I upgraded to Perfect Photo Suite 9 and really like the previews I have seen. The program will magically appear on my computer, sitting next to Perfect Photo's earlier editions about the 25th of October. At least that is the way OnOne has upgraded in the past.

BTW: IMO, OnOne and NIK have far better customer support than does Adobe....
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 9th October 2014 at 03:25 PM.

Real Name
    Binnur

Thank you Richard I'm planning to buy NIK Software too. I will see what happens with PS CC in the future. I don't know very much about Perfect Photo Suite. I will google it. Thanks for commenting about your combination of softwares. It was lucky of you to get your CS6 at a good price

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post

1. I was able to purchase CS6 as one of the last boxed programs that Adobe sold. It was on special in a two day sale for $240 U.S. Dollars. I have it and I own it! If Adobe wants to increase the price of CC as soon as they have enough photographers hooked, it won't impact me!

2. I use both NIK Software and Perfect Photo Suite and will keep upgrading those programs if I so desire. When I upgrade to a new edition of Perfect Photo Suite, I can keep my old editions on my computer and they are perfectly usable. If there is something I like better in an older program, I just use that edition for the task I want to accomplish. My cost for all three programs (CS6, Perfect Photo Suite and NIK Software) was less that the list price of Photoshop 6 when I purchased all three programs...

I really think that the CS6 + NIK and Perfect Photo combination is superior to Photoshop CC. OnOne upgrades their Perfect Photo Suite at intervals and the upgrades are not that expensive. I upgraded to Perfect Photo Suite 9 and really like the previews I have seen. The program will magically appear on my computer, sitting next to Perfect Photo's earlier editions about the 25th of October. At least that is the way OnOne has upgraded in the past.

Real Name
    Richard

Binnur...

I like the NIK Software and I am not the only CiC member who uses that program. Several years ago, I attended a product demonstration of NIK Software by the company who produced it. They were based in Mission Valley, in San Diego, CA. I was impressed with the various tools in the NIK software package. I was especially impressed with the "Control Point" capability which is an integral part of each tool.

Unfortunately the original NIK was priced beyond what I was willing to invest in an editing program. They appeared not willing to accept my part-time attendance in a San Diego Community College District, Adult Education Program to grant me an educational discount. They would also not accept my wife's professor emeritus status from the college she had taught at for twenty years and then retired, for educational discount.

However when Google purchased NIK and offered the program at a considerable discount, I jumped to get it and have never regretted that decision.

I also like my Perfect Photo Suite and when OnOne offered a discount to owners of NIK Software, I jumped to get that set of programs. Like NIK, I have never regretted purchasing the Perfect Photo Suite. There is some duplication between Perfect Photo and NIK but, I use them both happily. In fact, now when I am forced to use Photoshop (on a friends computer) without the plug-ins, it seems clumsy and unhandy.

On one is coming out with Version 9 at the end of this month and I have already purchased it and am awaiting for it to be delivered through cyber space.

http://www.ononesoftware.com/product...FcQ-MgodajsAHQ

The new Noise Reduction Filter of V.9 really looks promising...

The Masking capability of Perfect Photo is just great and will add masking and layer capability to editing programs which do not have that capability...

As far as NIK goes. I just love that program and use it on virtually every image that I edit. I especially like Viveza!

Donald does a wonderful job converting to B&W using NIK Silver Efex Pro. I seldom convert to B&W and when I do, I will often use the Perfect Photo's, Perfect Black and White because it has some wonderful vintage photo presets.

Browse in mini bridge

As I mentioned, there is some duplication between the programs but, each has enough individuality to make owning both worthwhile to me...
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 9th October 2014 at 09:02 PM.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by bnnrcn View Post
    When I was studying and practising some stuff in my photoshop book today, I amazingly noticed that 'browse in mini bridge' function doesn't exist in PS CC 2014 although it still exists and works in PS CC (I have got both versions and I have checked them). So, is this the situation for everybody who has got PS CC 2014 or is there something wrong with my PS CC 2014 which is very unlikely
    Binnur,

I only have CS6 which has Bridge but find it somewhat cumbersome for searching through files, you must have some alternative method for organizing your files in your latest version.

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Binnur

I'm still on CS6 but according to this thread, mini-bridge has gone from CC 2014 !! The thread referenced does give a way of producing a pseudo version with Bridge.

Dave

Real Name
    Binnur

Thanks for the further explanation Richard Hopefully I'm buying a new camera (a Canon 70D) next week and I think I will be able to buy NIK software in November. I know that Donald and Mike do very nice B&W conversions with SEP2 , but I also know that they are skillful in using it. So, I will have to practise a lot when I buy NIK bundle.

Thanks also for the link about Perfect Photo Suit, I will look at it

Binnur...

I like the NIK Software and I am not the only CiC member who uses that program. Several years ago, I attended a product demonstration of NIK Software by the company who produced it. They were based in Mission Valley, in San Diego, CA. I was impressed with the various tools in the NIK software package. I was especially impressed with the "Control Point" capability which is an integral part of each tool.

Unfortunately the original NIK was priced beyond what I was willing to invest in an editing program. They appeared not willing to accept my part-time attendance in a San Diego Community College District, Adult Education Program to grant me an educational discount. They would also not accept my wife's professor emeritus status from the college she had taught at for twenty years and then retired, for educational discount.

However when Google purchased NIK and offered the program at a considerable discount, I jumped to get it and have never regretted that decision.

I also like my Perfect Photo Suite and when OnOne offered a discount to owners of NIK Software, I jumped to get that set of programs. Like NIK, I have never regretted purchasing the Perfect Photo Suite. There is some duplication between Perfect Photo and NIK but, I use them both happily. In fact, now when I am forced to use Photoshop (on a friends computer) without the plug-ins, it seems clumsy and unhandy.

On one is coming out with Version 9 at the end of this month and I have already purchased it and am awaiting for it to be delivered through cyber space.

http://www.ononesoftware.com/product...FcQ-MgodajsAHQ

The new Noise Reduction Filter of V.9 really looks promising...

The Masking capability of Perfect Photo is just great and will add masking and layer capability to editing programs which do not have that capability...

As far as NIK goes. I just love that program and use it on virtually every image that I edit. I especially like Viveza!

Donald does a wonderful job converting to B&W using NIK Silver Efex Pro. I seldom convert to B&W and when I do, I will often use the Perfect Photo's, Perfect Black and White because it has some wonderful vintage photo presets.

Browse in mini bridge

As I mentioned, there is some duplication between the programs but, each has enough individuality to make owning both worthwhile to me...

Real Name
    Binnur

Thank you Dave It is sad to see that it is gone but I think Adobe will replace it with a new one because according to the thread you mention it has been removed because of the out-dated technology. For the time being I might as well use the one in PS CC, if I need it desperately.

Quote Originally Posted by dje View Post
    Binnur

I'm still on CS6 but according to this thread, mini-bridge has gone from CC 2014 !! The thread referenced does give a way of producing a pseudo version with Bridge.

Dave

Real Name
    Binnur

Thank you John Bridge is still there but Mini Bridge is gone. According to the thread in Dave's post it has been removed because of the out-dated technology. Fortunatelly I don't use it very often. I think Adobe will find a solution , because a lot of people use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Binnur,

I only have CS6 which has Bridge but find it somewhat cumbersome for searching through files, you must have some alternative method for organizing your files in your latest version.

Real Name
    John

+1 in every respect plus I use Photokit 2 and Topaz filters as well. Photokit 2 is inexpensive and is the best bang for buck I've ever bought and Topaz impress me in the way that they give away updates to existing user for free.
    Last edited by John 2; 10th October 2014 at 09:40 AM.