Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Give Some Tips of HDR

Give Some Tips of HDR

Hello everyone, I am newbie in here. I try use Photomatic and Photoshop CS3 but I cant get a nice & cool HDR. Please give me some tips or guideline how to get better HDR. Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Give Some Tips of HDR

Hello again... I really hope someone can reply my post. I really need a guideline to improve my HDR pictures. Thanks a lot.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Hello TokRiz,

I'll try to help - but first I think it's important for you to understand what HDR is (and isn't). The first image (man with the camera) doesn't need to be HDR since there is nothing in the scene that couldn't be captured by a single exposure. So first up, a question: How many bracketed shots did you take for your first image, and how many for your second image?

Real Name
    Nicole ("Nik")

i'd like to take a shot at HDR...
    i'm watching this.
    =)

Real Name
    Steve

Actually I like man with camera; the man looks real whilst the background is a sort of strange tonemap associated with HDR. Gives ideas about merging extreme tonemapping with reality and could be useful, similar to how dof is used.

If you are taking an HDR with high ev span (ev= exposure value) try to do them more than 1 stop 1 ev apart and use a tripod, always fix the aperture Av because to change it changes perspective.

Avoid halo's which are easy to get, but generally I need a bit more specific problems before I might be able to help. cheers