Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Building model boats

Real Name
    António Correia

Building model boats

Do you remember ptnauticmodel.net ?
    Do you remember the photos I shot during a meeting of these guys playing around with their boats ?
    Well, this time, through my good friend Paulo Simões, I came across someone who is building his own models for the fun of it and also for selling. All hand made.
    If you ever interested to buy one of these PM me and I will pass the contact, because I don’t know if he has e-mail.
    1. The area where he works,
    Building model boats
    2. Himself working
    Building model boats
    3. Detail
    Building model boats

I hope you like the pictures. Thank you for watching.

Re: Building model boats

i guess according to ur script, the hand made boats are your subjects! very interesting topic indeed! in your first pic you are using the interesting boat as a leading line to show what? u have blurred up the lovely boat in the foreground! and all the uninteresting things in the shed has taken 3\4 of your frame! i end up watching that the 2 pic has another photogenic man making a boatinteresting face indeed! i would have preferred the focus on the boat itself! the 3 pic is my favorite i would have liked the length of the boat, diagonal in the frame like the restrained lighting in all the pics! good work

Real Name
    António Correia

Quote Originally Posted by taken View Post
    i guess according to ur script, the hand made boats are your subjects! very interesting topic indeed! in your first pic you are using the interesting boat as a leading line to show what? u have blurred up the lovely boat in the foreground! and all the uninteresting things in the shed has taken 3\4 of your frame! i end up watching that ...
    Taken, Taken... I must be patient with you man (or woman) !

I completely disagree with you. Of course, being the author of the photos ... I had to.
    Don't you see - or understand - that the finished boat at the far right and out of focus on purpose is the final product of the very same boat witch is being built just in front of us ?
    Yes, OK it is not a master piece. No. It is not.
    Others will like it, may be. Well... I do anyway.
    Photography is an art which is subject to aesthetic criteria and this very picture does n' t fit in yours. OK I respect. Let's move on.

...the 2 pic has another photogenic man making a boat interesting face indeed! i would have preferred the focus on the boat itself!...
    I am absolutely sure that if I had made the shot with the focus on the boat you would say exactly the contrary of this. (another smile).
    You like the face but you don't like the focus. (another smile).

... the 3 pic is my favorite i would have liked the length of the boat, diagonal in the frame like the restrained lighting in all the pics! good work
    Oh come on. You would like, you would like... (another smile)
    Don't you appreciate the shallow DoF ? Have you ever shot any picture in your life ?

May be I am not in my days. May be I am in a bad mood today... Shame on me.
    Last edited by Antonio Correia; 27th September 2008 at 06:27 PM.

Nice Pictures....I do like your point of view.....perhaps we think alike as to composition....

I like the man at work, the face, interesting take (or crop) as a landscape....

Real Name
    António Correia

Quote Originally Posted by willgoss View Post
    Nice Pictures....I do like your point of view.....perhaps we think alike as to composition.... I like the man at work, the face, interesting take (or crop) as a landscape....
    Thank you for the comment Will.

It was only now, a couple of days ago that I got myself free of the format 30*40 and 20*30.
    It was bout time. At last.

I had to go and shoot in Silves, Algarve some landscapes to understand that other formats are more convenient when we have in mind a better composition...

However, when we want to offer a simple 9*12 to someone we know it is rather ugly - not nice - to show a frame with white areas...

Well, we can't have everything can we ?