Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another - best friend and horse - C&C welcomed

Real Name
    Kim

Re: Another - best friend and horse - C&C welcomed

Thanks to Mike's comment on my previous post, i had a similar image to the 1st one in this thread without the tilt, so I sent that off to be enlarged for her birthday (had to get it out today, and was having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to expand the canvas - that needed more time to learn).

I wanted to share with all of you one of the close-up versions I worked on tonight. I like this one as well.

Thanks again for taking the time to comment and share information - much appreciated.

Another - best friend and horse - C&C welcomed

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

I like this last one best so far. The catch light in the horse's eye and the position of the horse's ears make the horse seem more engaged. The appearance of the rider is a bit more natural, at ease. The only thing that I don't like is that it seems that the horse slobbered on the rider's shirt; I compared that to the first image in this thread and it seems to be something more than just a shadow on the right side (camera left side) of her shirt.

Regardless, I'm sure your friend feels so fortunate that you have taken this project so seriously. That speaks volumes about your relationship.

Real Name
    Kim

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    I like this last one best so far. The catch light in the horse's eye and the position of the horse's ears make the horse seem more engaged. The appearance of the rider is a bit more natural, at ease. The only thing that I don't like is that it seems that the horse slobbered on the rider's shirt; I compared that to the first image in this thread and it seems to be something more than just a shadow on the right side (camera left side) of her shirt.

Regardless, I'm sure your friend feels so fortunate that you have taken this project so seriously. That speaks volumes about your relationship.
    Thanks Mike. Oh my, how did I miss that slobber! Thanks. Will get that fixed :-). Wanted to give her an assortment of images. Photos are rare for her and she is my dearest friend.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Quote Originally Posted by KimC View Post
    Photos are rare for her
    It seems to me that the three of you (you, her and her horse) can easily rectify that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123