Thread: More Flickr Questions

Real Name
    Richard

More Flickr Questions

Another large rescue organization is cooperating with us and providing some financial assistance for the vet care of designated dogs. They have asked me to initiate a Flickr site with my photos of those dogs as well as other of our rescue dogs.

I am getting to really like Flickr and I assume that they can some way download images from my Flickr account to place on their website and Facebook page.

I wonder if it would be possible for our rescue group web-master to somehow use the images from my Flickr site to post on our organization's web site. If so how?

Additionally, how do I change the order in which my albums are shown when a person selects "albums" AND how do I change the order in which my images are shown within each individual album.

I have a generic album which I named Maltese Rescue California, into which I put all the images of our rescue dogs so that someone who is generally interested in our organization can see the dogs we have worked with. I would like this album to be first in the listing of albums...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127242428@N06/sets/

More Flickr Questions

I also have an album for each individual dog so someone can follow the progress of that dog from the time we receive the dog. I would like top arrange these images in chronological order...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127242...7646812343997/

More Flickr Questions

I would also like to initiate sub-albums, one for each puppy if the dog has had any puppies while with us. These sub-albums would be kept within the individual dog albums.

Real Name
    Kathy

Re: More Flickr Questions

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    I wonder if it would be possible for our rescue group web-master to somehow use the images from my Flickr site to post on our organization's web site. If so how?
    If you mean full-size images, it depends on how you've protected your images. In the upper right hand corner, next to the search box, you'll find a circular version of your avatar. Click on that, and you'll see a "Settings" menu. Click on that, and then the Privacy & Permissions tab. That's where you can set what the largest size is that's publicly accessible is, and where you can give more permissions to two groups: friends and family.

So, say you only want to restrict the general public to the "Large" size (I think that's the smallest you can limit it to in the UI right now), but you want Friends and Family to be able to download the original size. You can make those settings there.

If your webmaster has a Flickr account, you can use the People menu to find that account, and then follow it. Select People -> List, and you can then edit the webmaster account to be a "Friend". And they'll have the extra Friends access.

If your webmaster doesn't have a Flickr account, but you want them to be able to download the full size from your size, a collection, an album, or a single image, you can use the Share hollow arrow, and use the email share, and set them up with Friends access. The link in the email will make sure they have that access.

Additionally, how do I change the order in which my albums are shown when a person selects "albums"
    You->Organize under the Albums & Collections tab, will let you drag the albums around into the order you want. This tab also lets you create a Collection, which is a group of albums. Click on the link that says Create a new collection, and then drag albums from the list on the right into the collection list. You can then drag to reorder them. Then send the Collection link to whoever you want to see the albums.

AND how do I change the order in which my images are shown within each individual album.
    Again, in the Organizr , if you click on the album, you can drag the images around into the order you want, or use the arrange submenu. Then save the album [it'll be on the left side where you title and describe the album]. And that will save the new order.

Real Name
    Richard

Thanks, Kathy... That's a great help! I will try your suggestions...

Can I post images at 240 ppi so that the persons having permission to download them can print them decently?

I am really learning quite a bit about Flickr - Thanks to all the help I am getting from my friends on CiC!

Real Name
    Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    Can I post images at 240 ppi so that the persons having permission to download them can print them decently? ...
    As long as the file size is within the maximum size limits (200MB for stills, 1GB for video) and in one of the formats supported by Flickr (JPEG, non-animated GIF, PNG; you can upload TIFFs, but they'll be converted to JPEGs), you can upload it.