Thread: Amazing place London

Real Name
    Jeremy Rundle

Amazing place London

Just two of many I took, JUST SNAPS.

I found that is you ask nicely people are really ok with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Shawn

Re: Amazing place London

Interesting characters you found there. Nice shots.

Real Name
    Jeremy Rundle

A couple more
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    John

Some people are just asking to be photographed. Nice images.

Real Name
    Binnur

Interesting people Did you shoot those in Covent Garden? I especially like the one with the Lady.

Quote Originally Posted by JR1 View Post
    A couple more

Real Name
    Jeremy Rundle

Yes I think it was Covent Garden.

She to me was B********* terrible, BUT so sweet.

She was quiet and I think concerned that I wanted to shoot simply to take the MNHGBGGU

NEVER will I do that, I may think she looks bad but never ever, ever use people

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Very nice shots Jeremy. These people have chosen a hard way to make a living...

Real Name
    Phil Page

Yes that's Covent Garden - I saw her there on Thursday last week, hanging around.

There's a few more in Trafalgar Square too.

London's a great place to wander around and take snaps, Jeremy

Real Name
    Edit is OK… always want to learn!

Quote Originally Posted by jr1 View Post
    just two of many i took, just snaps.
    Just VERY WELL FRAMES snaps… and the following series too!

Real Name
    Jeremy Rundle

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDiver View Post
    Very nice shots Jeremy. These people have chosen a hard way to make a living...
    I know they empty the buckets through the day but in the heat and noise I wouldn't do it

Real Name
    Jeremy Rundle

Quote Originally Posted by dubaiphil View Post
    Yes that's Covent Garden - I saw her there on Thursday last week, hanging around.

There's a few more in Trafalgar Square too.

London's a great place to wander around and take snaps, Jeremy
    Going back in a months JUST for photos.

Loooove the Science museum

Real Name
    Phil Page

Quote Originally Posted by JR1 View Post
    Going back in a months JUST for photos.

Loooove the Science museum
    Let me know if you want some location ideas - I've had a couple of long walks now. Racked up quite a few miles!

Real Name
    Jeremy Rundle

Quote Originally Posted by dubaiphil View Post
    Let me know if you want some location ideas - I've had a couple of long walks now. Racked up quite a few miles!
    Much appreciated, yes please, thank you

Real Name
    Jeremy Rundle

I hope Phil doesn't mind but he kindly sent me the following and I do think it would be useful to others so I have posted it here

I've had 4 walks in London now and found a few good locations for street photography.

My favourite so far is Borough Market and the areas around it. Full of life, market stalls, tourists and locals, it's great for candid shots. There are some great places for a good breakfast/luch baguette as well to keep you fuelled. In places you have The Shard as a backdrop as well. Things seem to kick off around 10am. So far on my two visits there I've preceded this with a walk along the South Bank from Westminster. There's plenty of joggers and commuters walking in this area with good backdrops. Around the OXO building and Blackfriars Bridge there are good scenes along the embankment as well.

Early morning is good around Bank, St Pauls and the City - you've got The Gerkhin and other modern buildings as backdrops and lots of suits too busy getting to work to notice you.

Shoreditch, Brick Lane and that area of town is a lot quieter but you have some street art which you can use as backdrops.

Spitalfields Market is supposed to be good but I haven't 'felt it' as much as other areas. I've tried that area as a loop walk from Aldgate East tube station a couple of times now.

Covent Garden is always good to visit, and there's an area called Neal's Yard (google it) which is apparently well worth visiting as well - I haven't found it yet though.

Then there's the usual - Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus, Oxford Street, Regent Street. Anywhere where there are tourists you can usually blend in nicely.

I'm trying to find areas where you can shoot down on people passing by as I travel around - bridges over the Thames are elevated over the South Bank and Victoria Embankment so they're a possibility.

The poppies outside the Tower of London might be worth a look, coupled perhaps with a walk across Tower Bridge and the South Bank in that area for some modern architecture.

One place I wandered through last week was The Barbican. You wonder why when you first arrive but there are lots of leading lines, stark architecture and elevated views - great for B&W. I also want to try to get to some other markets in coming trips down to London.

I haven't gone to any of the big parks but there are lots of small parks where you can catch people relaxing and having some quiet time.

Just for the cliched shot of the roof, the British Museum is worth a visit - as you walk you go straight and there is a lift on your left. Go to the top and you have a small window giving you the view over the central courtyard and roof. Another free museum worth a trip just for a couple of shots is the Natural History Museum - getting as high as possible and shooting towards the statue of Darwin at the far end of the entrance hall gives great views of the vaulted ceiling.

I'm building up a few shots now but think I'll keep going back to Borough Market and combine with different areas.

There's a few hints that may be useful...

Regards
    Phil

Real Name
    Phil Page

There are so many different places to shoot and every day is different - trying to find good locations online is a little tricky but what's listed above is good for a start - anyone looking for some inspiration is recommended to head to http://www.streetphotographylondon.co.uk/ as there's a collective there with interviews in the blog section - that'll give insights as to good places to go and lots of great shots to drool over. Ronya Galka, for example, has some lovely shots (one of my favourites being the three walkers and a pigeon)