Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: My first go at CiC picture post

Real Name
    Derek

My first go at CiC picture post

This photo was taken in 2005. We had a bad drought and the paddocks that are normally green ended up looking like the red centre of OZ.

EOS3 70-300 Usm lens @ 70 Fuji Velvia sorry did not make a note of aperture and speed Late afternoon late Feb. Comments please.

Last edited by Dave Humphries; 5th April 2010 at 12:34 PM. Reason: duplicated img link

Re: My first go at CiC picture post

I like the colors - the contrast between the blue and orange, very nice. Personally, with this type of shot I would try to avoid this amount of empty sky. Empty sky is boring, so I'd put more ground in the composition. I think if you crop out something between 1/4 - 1/3 of the height of the photo from the top, it gets better. I'd also crop out around 1/4 of the width of the photo from the left, where there is no fence, and nothing interesting happens. And now that you've got it digital, I'd also apply a touch more contrast and sharpening.

Real Name
    Derek

Hi agaace

Thanks for that.

Delboy

I tend to agree with Agata. I think it needs some focal point of interest. As it was a drought, perhaps a worried looking farmer leaning on the fence looking at the fields. Something like that? Whenever I take any shot I always ask myself before I press the shutter "What is really of interest here, and am I giving it enough impact?"

it needs some focal point of interest
    Rob has a very nice skull you could hire.

Unfortunately I cannot see your image which is a pity. I dont think it is anything you are doing or not doing...see here
    I Can' See Wendy's Photos

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    Rob has a very nice skull you could hire.

Unfortunately I cannot see your image which is a pity. I dont think it is anything you are doing or not doing...see here
    I Can' See Wendy's Photos

Steve
    I can't see it any more. Delboy can't have removed it as there is no 'edited at' line. It's gone the same way as the squirrel? The skull is not for hire, he's my friend!

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by carregwen View Post
    I can't see it any more. Delboy can't have removed it as there is no 'edited at' line. It's gone the same way as the squirrel? The skull is not for hire, he's my friend!
    Niether can I, this looks like it was just a CiC attachment, rather than an album image, although concievably it was an album image, but maybe the album has been deleted?? (clutching at straws)

No time to investigate now, although I have edited the post.

Hi Delboy,

Did you accidentally do anything that might explain this? (OMG That's sounds far more accusatory than I intend it to )
    e.g. Edit the first post in anyway, or delete an album or image in an album?

We've had similar problems with disappearing images before, as per Steve's link, but I'd just like to rule out the obvious causes first, as I've already made one mistake like that

Can you remember if it was an album image or an attachment?

Thanks,

Real Name
    Derek

Hi Dave

The error was caused by me, Playing with the Forum to get used to it I accidently deleted the album. Not a problem that photo was not my best and I will in the future send some of my other photo's I have taken.

Thanks for all the comments

Delboy.

Eastern Shore of the Chesapeak Bay, Maryland, USA
    Real Name
    Charley Simpson

I see 2 red X's

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by delboy View Post
    The error was caused by me, Playing with the Forum to get used to it I accidently deleted the album.
    Ah, that explains it, thanks for letting me know.

I'm going to close this thread as there's not point in discussing the (missing) image, or reasons for disappearance further If you did re-instate the image in an album, I can open it again.

Cheers,