Thread: The entrance

Real Name
    Joanne Van Praag

The entrance

My Stepdaughter and her new hubby making their entrance into the reception - she kept us waiting for 12 years telling us they would never get married she also said they would never have children!!.....fingers crossed

The entrance

Taken with Canon EOS 550D EF 24 - 105 F4 L IS USM - No flash, eyes filled with happy tears

Real Name
    John

Re: The entrance

I realize it's your stepdaughter and it's her day, but why do the fellas always look like background material in wedding shots? Nicely captured.

At a wedding the focus is ALWAYS on the bride, the bridegroom is superfluous (more or less). This said I think it's a great shot, both compositionally as well as a B&W conversion. What I like best is the expression on both; the bride looks happy but in control and the groom looks....pliable? The bride should be very happy with this shot.

Real Name
    Joanne Van Praag

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    I realize it's your stepdaughter and it's her day, but why do the fellas always look like background material in wedding shots?
    Because he got up in the morning, showered, shaved and put on a suit like any other day............ where as she got up before dawn, showered, shaved, washed hair, got him and his best man and ushers organized, sorted the bridesmaids, made sure the place settings were ok, liaised with the hotel manager and chef that everything was in place, had her hair and make up done, calm Stepmum, Dad and Inlaws, check the weather, get into a wedding dress that needs the help of 5 people, pose for an hour with the photographer, then need the five people that helped her into the dress help her to go to the loo, made sure the flowers arrived on time and the cake was delivered and set up, then was able to spend 2 minutes alone with her thoughts that her mother was not there to share her special day as she passed away before she could see her walk down the aisle..........Andy may have been in the background in the photos but he was always there by her side....

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Now after that tirade of what women do before, on and after the wedding and all the emotions and motions involved, no wonder the husband spend so much money on dress so it can be her day while she does and worry all about these things, eh? Poor husband so little to do so little to worry but his wallet....depleting...

I like the conversion to B/W though...nice capture...

Real Name
    Terry

Quote Originally Posted by mammarazzi View Post
    Because he got up in the morning, showered, shaved and put on a suit like any other day............ where as she got up before dawn, showered, shaved, washed hair, got him and his best man and ushers organized, sorted the bridesmaids, made sure the place settings were ok, liaised with the hotel manager and chef that everything was in place, had her hair and make up done, calm Stepmum, Dad and Inlaws, check the weather, get into a wedding dress that needs the help of 5 people, pose for an hour with the photographer, then need the five people that helped her into the dress help her to go to the loo, made sure the flowers arrived on time and the cake was delivered and set up, then was able to spend 2 minutes alone with her thoughts that her mother was not there to share her special day as she passed away before she could see her walk down the aisle..........Andy may have been in the background in the photos but he was always there by her side....
    That is without a doubt the coolest thing I have read in a long time.

Beautiful shot Joanne.

Real Name
    Joanne Van Praag

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    ? Poor husband so little to do so little to worry but his wallet....depleting...
    I wish Izzie, the costs were shared between my Hubby and his Dad and it was not a cheap wedding
    The nice part was that Hannah's Mum gave her the money for her wedding dress (in case she got married) before she died so in a way she had a big part to play on the day, she also chose one of the readings which was very moving.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Quote Originally Posted by flashback View Post
    At a wedding the focus is ALWAYS on the bride
    Not at my wedding. I walked down the aisle with my mother and father on my arms. My wife then walked down the aisle with her brother on her arm. If we were going to do it today, 31 years later, my wife and I would probably walk down the aisle arm in arm.

Real Name
    Richard

Best wishes for a happy life to your stepdaughter, her hubby and your entire family!

Real Name
    Binnur

Very nice shot and best wishes from me too

up on a knob above Paden City, West Virginia
    Real Name
    Marie Hass

Congratulations, Joanne to you and yours. This picture is a lovely keepsake. Great job.

'Rie

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Quote Originally Posted by mammarazzi View Post
    I wish Izzie, the costs were shared between my Hubby and his Dad and it was not a cheap wedding
    The nice part was that Hannah's Mum gave her the money for her wedding dress (in case she got married) before she died so in a way she had a big part to play on the day, she also chose one of the readings which was very moving.
    Things we want doesn't happen at times...when we got married, my husband and I planned to do it here in St. Louis. But my stepson decided to invite his then girlfriend. IT WAS -- MY WEDDING! Knowing that the girlfriend do not want to fly even on a commercial airplane, I decided for us to get married in Florida without telling hubby why. I just said we can have a wedding and a honeymoon at the same place. He said, Good idea!! We had a garden wedding near the beach. Hubby paid for my gown and we went to a very good restaurant with a few guests including his best man and best friend. After the reception, we went going around town and enjoyed ourselves and shooting a lot of photos because it was Clambake Festival at the same time...When we were sorting out the bill, we were told that it was already paid for, we need not worry about it...we found out later on that his best friend paid for the reception and our accommodation.