Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: From snapshot to shot

From snapshot to shot

Hi,
    The Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English tells us that a snapshot is a photograph taken quickly and often not very skilfully.
    Skilful is an ambiguous word wich presumes training and ability together,all of us could have many opinions.
    I saw on Albums a Myra's two horses image and because I like horses I tried to push it toward shot as You could see below:
    1.erasing overposing;
    2.cloning the second pole from background to do a link with the two horses(the main subject,I supose) for more equilibrium;
    3.increasing the space from the lower part of the image (to avoid the suposition that the horse want to smell the border of the shot)

3-differences.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Radu Dinu Cordeanu; 18th April 2010 at 11:23 AM.

Re: From snapshot to shot

Now,for the eNo's image,I used the sky from his shot to superimposed it over a section of the shot.This creates,for the onlooker,a more intellectual vision instead of informal one(in connection with Heaven today on Easter day).

eno-b-b1-.jpg

Thank You for reading and understanding
    Radu Dinu
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 4th April 2010 at 07:25 PM.

Real Name
    Myra

The horse photo looks much more polished. Very nice, Radu Dinu. Now, what gave the two their shinier looking coats? Was that sharpening? I highly doubt I even tried that last summer... so much to learn!

Late this afternoon, I took quite a few shots of a rider having a lesson on a young horse. My main object was to practice keeping the horse in focus ( I switched to manual after awhile as I found it was easier), so most of the pictures are pretty plain and repetitive. I'll have to see if I can find one that is good enough to warrant taking the time to clean it up.

TC!
    Myra

Real Name
    Steve

You are certainly very talented Radu, you think of things that just don't occur to me.

Real Name
    Myra

Radu Dinu, if you have a moment, could you take a look at two photos I posted in the Post Processing and Printing section? I tried some item removing and a bit of cloning.

Arith, I like your original for its broad view, and like Radu Dinu's version for its sense of the surreal. We see the same things; yet we don't see them the same way.

Thank you!
    Myra

Hi,
    Yesterday I "helped" ScoutR only a half because I didn't tell him what I did and why.So he posted two beautiful images.First action was to modify the curve as you see below.Then I desaturated it.With lasso tool I rounded the right wood and in levels I increased the lights to compensate the lights from the left.Then with transform>skew I increased the road
    Last edited by Radu Dinu Cordeanu; 18th April 2010 at 08:21 AM.

After cropping I obtained what You see below(generally speaking a road is something horizontal and a mountain is something vertical).This kind of cropping tried to increase the infinite dimension of the space.

In levels I moved the "blacks" to the right and "whites" to the left for more dramatique vision.

The second image was that beauty.Here I had to do a link between sky rays and earth.That meant to crop the image for making visible that link.Then I modified the "curve"as You saw up.Then with lasso tool I rounded the light areas from the horizon and with paint bucket tool I modified the color to pink(softlight layers).Then with paint bucket tool I covered with black softlight layer the image.In the end I "lassoed" an area on the earth with almost the same shape as the sky and increased the luminosity in levels.All actions were to increase the effect of this shot upon the onlooker not to respect the "natural" colour.You must know it was harder to write than to do.Processing time was only 20 min.
    Thanks for reading and understanding
    Radu Dinu
    Last edited by Radu Dinu Cordeanu; 18th April 2010 at 11:22 AM.

Wow. You are very skillful with post processing. I must say you've truely got a good eye, creativity and talent.

I hope Myra and eNo will not be too unhappy.

Real Name
    Wendy

Quote Originally Posted by Radu Dinu Cordeanu View Post
    After cropping I obtained what You see below(generally speaking a road is something horizontal and a mountain is something vertical).This kind of cropping tried to increase the infinite dimension of the space.
    Thank you Radu for taking the time to work on these shots and for explaining what you did and why. This is the version I like the best, and I see what you mean about how the crop affects the nature of the shot. My PP skills are very limited, but I think with your explainations I could do this.

Thanks again
    Wendy

Real Name
    Wendy

The second image was that beauty.Here I had to do a link between sky rays and earth.That meant to crop the image for making visible that link.Then I modified the "curve"as You saw up.Then with lasso tool I rounded the light areas from the horizon and with paint bucket tool I modified the color to pink(softlight layers).Then with paint bucket tool I covered with black softlight layer the image.In the end I "lassoed" an area on the earth with almost the same shape as the sky and increased the luminosity in levels.All actions were to increase the effect of this shot upon the onlooker not to respect the "natural" colour.You must know it was harder to write than to do.Processing time was only 20 min.
    Thanks for reading and understanding
    Radu Dinu
    Thanks again Radu for taking the time. I just wish these shots had been sharper to begin with. I really like what you have done with this one. It truly does emphasize the light from the sky. I cannot do a lot of the things you mentioned, but these exercises are excellent references for me in the future.

Wendy

Real Name
    Steve

Radu is really good at PP isn't he. It would be nice to be good at everything.

Yes "arith",it would be
    As I said in another ocasion Colin is a hyperactive photographer.He doesn't wait the event to rise.He is a photographic event producer.He run on photography's road as a high speed track.I envy him!I saw an intriguing image.A photography has to have many contrasts ie colour contrast,light and shadow, action and nonaction, sharp and unsharp and so on.So firsI movedthe curve to obtain what we see below
    Last edited by Radu Dinu Cordeanu; 19th April 2010 at 10:26 AM.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Hi,
    Yesterday I "helped" ScoutR only a half because I didn't tell him what I did and why.So he posted two beautiful images.
    I think "he" is actually a "she"

Now colour contrast:a green tone is the complementary colour of the skin.So I filled the negative space with a kind of green,increased it and changed the position of this beauty.

Real Name

Now colour contrast:a green tone is the complementary colour of the skin.So I filled the negative space with a kind of green,increased it and changed the position of this beauty.
    I guess we'll need to call it "Death, by Radu Dinu" now
    Last edited by Colin Southern; 19th April 2010 at 11:57 AM.

In the end I changed the framing to give more sense to the sleep.Because the goal was an esthetical one I didn't pay too much attention to the technical aspects.I tried to propose another concept instead of "killed by roses".
    Thank You for reading and understanding.
    Radu Dinu
    Last edited by Radu Dinu Cordeanu; 19th April 2010 at 10:29 AM.

Of course for me "arith" sounds more "he" than she."Arithmetic" sound more "she" than "he".That because my native language is a latin one.
    I apreciate Your apologies!

Real Name

Of course for me "arith" sounds more "he" than she."Arithmetic" sound more "she" than "he".That because my native language is a latin one.
    I apreciate Your apologies!
    Except that you were talking about "ScoutR", who's real name is "Wendy"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast