Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Enhancing or Defiling: Post-Processing & 'Reality'

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Re: Enhancing or Defiling: Post-Processing & 'Reality'

Quote Originally Posted by Mark von Kanel View Post
    just started a 3 day cruise to turkey and got bored... have avoided this thread thus far and just trolled through all 6 pages.... all i can say is:

Izzie chuck us some popcorn will ya?

Do jack in the box have chocolate on them?
    Nope! Allergic to chocolate though I've to chuck a few down the gurgle then get sick afterwards so two or three during the year isn't that bad. Gotta have one every now and then...Hubby just corrected me -- it's called Cracker Jack. And it used to have those toys inside it...Dang! It's mainly caramel popcorn, nice for when you are reading long threads like this one...

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Quote Originally Posted by Mark von Kanel View Post
    just started a 3 day cruise to turkey and got bored... have avoided this thread thus far and just trolled through all 6 pages.... all i can say is:

Izzie chuck us some popcorn will ya?

Do jack in the box have chocolate on them?
    Nope! Allergic to chocolate though I've to chuck a few down the gurgle then get sick afterwards so two or three during the year isn't that bad. Gotta have one every now and then...Hubby just corrected me -- it's called Cracker Jack. And it used to have those toys inside it...Dang! It's mainly caramel popcorn, nice for when you are reading long threads like this one...

Real Name
    William (call me Bill)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    It's fascinating to me that RPS chose to use the term, "Pictorial," in this context. At the turn of the 20th century, the terms, "pictorial photography" and "pictorialism," described a look that was exactly the opposite of the purist attitude . . .

Yes! - I hadn't thought of that angle.

Thanks.

WW

Real Name
    Lukas Werth

With regard to pictorialism:

Actually, I have extensively busied myself with what I prefer to call alternative photographic processes (which were in wide use in the age of pictorialism), and I intend to continue this endeavor in the near future.

I have recently also made considerable use the HDR-possibility (not merging frames, but making used of the pronounced contrast which is possible o achieve with it). Here an example:

Enhancing or Defiling: Post-Processing & 'Reality'

My concern is not whether I rendered the mendicant naturally, my concern is whether I got my interpretation of her as I wanted. And with regard to using software, my concern is whether I am not really following a stereotyped path laid out by the software available. I am reasonably satisfied with the result I post here, and I do hope this is my style, but the lingering question remains, and therefore this would be an image I intend to print also as a gum or casein print, in completely analog fashion, in the color pigments I choose.

Lukas
    Last edited by lukaswerth; 23rd August 2014 at 05:20 AM.

Real Name
    William (call me Bill)

Quote Originally Posted by lukaswerth View Post
    . . .
    My concern is not whether I rendered the mendicant naturally, my concern is whether I got my interpretation of her as I wanted.
    You certainly made a photograph that draws the viewer's eye to linger and thus compels the viewer to think about interpretations.

Good Shot.

WW

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567