Thread: hello from a newby

Real Name
    John

hello from a newby

Don't know if I posted this in the wrong place first.....ooops, sorry.

Anyway, Hello everyone,

I am an ex-RAF serviceman based in Cambridgeshire, UK, and I am really looking forward to chatting with you all in the weeks, months and years to come about my favourite pursuit, PHOTOGRAPHY.

Just moved up a notch, in terms of equipment anyway. I spent several years learning on the venerable FUJI HS20 EXR, which was a great bridge camera, but one that I grew out of.
    My weapon of choice now is my new Nikon D7100. I have teamed this up with a Sigma 30mm f1.4, Tamron 24-70mm f2.8, and a Tamron 70-300mm f4-5.6.
    My favourite type of image is low key strobe, and my pair of Yongnuo YN-560III with a YN-560TX light the way for me on that level.
    I have learned so much from this site already, and hope to learn even more from you guys. I hope I can help in return with any knowledge I have gained over the years.

Looking forward to many happy chats.

John

Real Name
    Dan

Re: hello from a newby

Welcome, John. I'm a fellow 7100 shooter (though not exclusively) so will look forward to your imagery.

Real Name
    Nick

and hope to learn even more from you guys. I hope I can help in return with any knowledge I have gained over the years.
    Welcome, John. I'm a fellow 7100 shooter
    Well I am more of a fellow Fujifilm Bridge shooter, or this is what I am working on, so if if you feel like learning something, you can talk to Dan, if you feel like learning somebody else something, you can talk to me

Hello to everybody.......
    Myself, Dr.Sukhendu Mukhopadhyay from India writing to you all...
    I'm not a professional photographer, started as an amateur since last couple of years.
    My field of interest is to capture macro and wildlife photography.
    Professionally I'm a Medical Doctor practicing in the field of Radiology.
    Last edited by sukhendu; 15th August 2014 at 11:01 AM.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by PhotogRAFer View Post
    Don't know if I posted this in the wrong place first.....ooops, sorry.

Anyway, Hello everyone,

I am an ex-RAF serviceman based in Cambridgeshire, UK, and I am really looking forward to chatting with you all in the weeks, months and years to come about my favourite pursuit, PHOTOGRAPHY.

Just moved up a notch, in terms of equipment anyway. I spent several years learning on the venerable FUJI HS20 EXR, which was a great bridge camera, but one that I grew out of.
    My weapon of choice now is my new Nikon D7100. I have teamed this up with a Sigma 30mm f1.4, Tamron 24-70mm f2.8, and a Tamron 70-300mm f4-5.6.
    My favourite type of image is low key strobe, and my pair of Yongnuo YN-560III with a YN-560TX light the way for me on that level.
    I have learned so much from this site already, and hope to learn even more from you guys. I hope I can help in return with any knowledge I have gained over the years.

Looking forward to many happy chats.

John
    Hello Newby!