Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: What Next?

What Next?

I will hand it to this guy - he's probably actually sold a few - but I don't think he's going to get rich doing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OXD3ENA_UA&app=desktop

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...QGC3MTTE3P74ZZ

Note the original price was $190 US, but now it sells it for $50? Hmmmm, I wonder if sales didn't quite match predictions?

Seems like a hazy idea at best, particularly in cold weather with the battery so nicely exposed (wouldn't the battery pack get cold?).

All together it's about the size of five or six regular camera batteries, and may even weigh more (just what I need - more weight).

And it's really convenient to have on your flash mount. With this cheesy thing on your camera you would HAVE to use live view - no way to get your eye to the VF. BTW, doesn't LV suck the life out of batteries?

Glenn

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: What Next?

There seems to be lots of those kinds of items popping up these days. I personally wouldn't use it on my camera - haven't had any "running out of batteries" issues - ever. Even when using LV.

Real Name
    John

I don't know if it was mentioned in the video but it looks like he set this up for video recording and time lapse photography, he probably didn't specify that fact in the video. I usually get good performance from my battery for photo shooting and have a spare if needed.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

What John said...^^^